Tom Lawrence

graeme_4

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Guy on FF claims to be mutual friend says he’s fucked and be lucky to see him by new year.

FF is full of weirdos and their fans so I would take that with a pinch of salt.  We'll find out where he is with his recovery when pre season starts.

4 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

We’ll likely never see him play for us consistently,  I think this could be another Helander situation where his career is all but done 

Agree mate.  This hasn’t looked good for too long. Feel sorry for the lad.  

3 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Guy on FF claims to be mutual friend says he’s fucked and be lucky to see him by new year.

No danger :lol: How does this stuff always happen to us? Can’t even blame the shoddy medical set up. It’s been happening for about 30 years. 

36 minutes ago, SPWF said:

No danger :lol: How does this stuff always happen to us? Can’t even blame the shoddy medical set up. It’s been happening for about 30 years. 

Maybe our medical set up has been shoddy for most of that 30 years…

Lawrence would have a full pre-season in an ideal world to get his fitness up. Not he case. 

He won't be match fit when the season starts because of his long absence. 

Beale obviously sees him as a starter when fit. I think we all do. He is obviously a quality player. 

I expect him to be used as a sub at the start of the season and to take it from there.

Lawrence reads the game really well, great attitude and creates opportunities. One of the few players  we have that will shoot from distance too!!!

I must have shouted JUST FUCKING SHOOT about a thousand times last season. :sad:

Even if these rumours of him still being fucked are wrong, the idea that we can rely on Lawrence this season (at least the first half of it) after will have been out for a year is delusional.

Any contribution whatsoever from Lawrence or Roofe this year is a bonus and if we are relying on them we’d be as well handing the tarriers the title.

33 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Even if these rumours of him still being fucked are wrong, the idea that we can rely on Lawrence this season (at least the first half of it) after will have been out for a year is delusional.

Any contribution whatsoever from Lawrence or Roofe this year is a bonus and if we are relying on them we’d be as well handing the tarriers the title.

Not getting at you, but that was a very negative post imo.

Lawrence doesn't have the diabolical injury record that Roofe has mate. 

Very harsh to compare them in that respect. 

As for title ambtions, we will have to see what other players Beale buys and how he develops them. 

I didn't want Beale to be our manager, but his first two signings have hit the ground running. Only a madman would say otherwise. 

The man is obviously a good coach.

Is he a good manager? Time will tell. 

13 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

If that is the case I feel so bad for the guy and think his career at Rangers is pretty much finished before it's even started.

I mean with his age, back from a long term injury....we will have our midfield sorted and I'm sure Beale will get it right. By the time he's back I doubt he would even be included in the plans going forward. Be a year older, contract running down etc.

15 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

We’ll likely never see him play for us consistently,  I think this could be another Helander situation where his career is all but done 

Hope Tom reads this. 

Good level of positivity should help him through this difficult time. 

The guy on FF is obviously an expert in this field (or a complete knob)!)