Raskin

scottyc06

2 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Fair play, i dont think hes the problem but my opinion 

He should still have the ability as a centre midfielder to get the ball under control, take some responsibility, turn round and get us up the pitch 

You’re currently getting him taking the ball off the defence just to give it back while absolutely hiding in the middle of the park. Give you or me his jersey and we could do what he’s doing 

Just now, GA1972 said:

He should still have the ability as a centre midfielder to get the ball under control, take some responsibility, turn round and get him up the pitch 

You’re currently getting him taking the ball off the defence just to give it back while absolutely hiding in the middle of the park. Give you or me his jersey and we could do what he’s doing 

Good point, well made 😀

Harsh. I think more to do with setup. Was mentioned earlier when he instinctively wanted to move out to engage but held back to hold shape. This is tactiics and setup on Beale imo. We are so rigid, robotic. He's taken away the players being able to play off the cuff and capitalise on a weakness, opportunity within a game. Turgid shite. Gutted.

He’s been poor but it’s a thankless task when he’s surrounded by poor players.

McGregor gets the ball and he has 2 midfielders making runs and angles.

Raskin gets the ball and he has one of the slowest players in the Spl in Jack to pass it to. (And when Jack does get it he can’t do anything other than pass it back).

The midfield isn’t working. 

Jack’s finished and alonsgside Lundstrum we badly need at least one ball playing centre mid. It’s criminal recruitment from Beale to sign about 4 forwards for the bench and not have addressed the Jack/Lundstrum midfield.

He was left in midfield on his own for large parts of the game, while our best attacking threat (Cantwell) was busy covering our full back and the guy how can’t run anymore (Jack) was doing the same on the other side of the pitch. What ever happened to the days of midfielders actually just play in midfield…. Cifuentes is being hung out to dry by the managers tactics. I don’t see any other midfield in Europe wasting so much energy trying to cover the wings as ours do.