Raskin

scottyc06

10 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Cantwell seems to have went down in some fans estimations since he's been injured, or this season. 

He was a standout 2nd half of last season, then gets dropped for first league game of this season (to fit Lammers in) then is played in a less influential role. 

Fuck all wrong with the player, more the manager tbh. Raskin flatters to deceive, but think he's better than what he's shown so far. Maybe not quite EPL standard though as he thinks. 

You blame the manager but also mention Cantwell was a standout( in games where there was less pressure) under the same manager?

Nah, sorry, if that's accurately reported, I don't care if we are a stepping stone, it's disrespectful to come out saying it the way he has, thay we're just a stepping stone. Especially when you've been dug meat and owe us some performances.

Probably needs to concentrate on improving his game first - now ok it could well be the previous 'manager' wasn't exactly the tactical genius he thinks he is in his own head, but as a player you still need to perform to certain levels and whilst Raskin and done well here and there, he's nowhere near shown than he's EPL level. Mind you i suppose he didn't say that was his next step, just a progression.

Anyway, I'm not overly fussed if young players want to come to us as a stepping stone to more money, because it surely means they will be trying harder for success and in theory we make a massive profit. I'm not overly sure how clever it is to say that in public, especially at a time when your teams doing shite. 

To be honest I'm hoping every player we have has aspirations to play at a higher level. Let's get it right playing against Raith and Falkirk isnt exactly what a top level footballer dreams of.

However Raskin is absolutely no where near it. Needs to concentrate on being a decent SPL level first!

11 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Not sure about this bit mate. If the right money comes in we have proven we will sell. Bassey and Aribo are examples of that.

With Morelos the right money at the right time didn't come in. The fans would have been accepting enough of the right bid. Same with Kent. Same with Kamara.

I think we as fans do accept this model.

Wasn’t a dig at the fans. Was referring to the board. Agreed the fans would have bought in as long as we see a good recruitment strategy in place and the funds being reinvested.

Thats how we ensure long term success. But not selling Kent, Kamara, Morelos when their stock was high and almost losing Goldson for nothing. Was clearly not sticking to the  model.

And then some of our signings since like Dessers. Just really hard to justify within any sensible player trading model.

18 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We should be a stepping board to the EPL. We should be selling ourselves as that to foreigners and not shy away from it.  If they have the same ideology great.

We just need them to perform well, and get them their move and us the transfer fee that we want and everyone is happy.

Unfortunately we don't do it well whereas across the city they've done far far better.

We're a selling club, in a selling league, next door to a world of riches. Its an opportunity for us and one we should exploit without any embarrassment or anger towards the situation or player.

We should be, but I’ve never felt it was acceptable for players to come out and say it. What a slap in the face to the club and the fans.

Only really became a thing to say and get away at Rangers when Morelos started it (albeit mostly via his agent).

Wouldn't tolerate it if I was manager tbh. 

50 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We should be, but I’ve never felt it was acceptable for players to come out and say it. What a slap in the face to the club and the fans.

Only really became a thing to say and get away at Rangers when Morelos started it (albeit mostly via his agent).

Wouldn't tolerate it if I was manager tbh. 

I think the club and manager should be selling it to players. It's a huge selling point. So I've no problem players being open about it.

I've more issue them talking about it when they're not performing well enough, I'd put Raskin in that category.

2 hours ago, Number5 said:

To be honest I'm hoping every player we have has aspirations to play at a higher level. Let's get it right playing against Raith and Falkirk isnt exactly what a top level footballer dreams of.

However Raskin is absolutely no where near it. Needs to concentrate on being a decent SPL level first!

I agree. Let them come here and work their arse off for that dream move. That benefits us and them.

But mostly they end up with shattered dreams and a move to really nowhere 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I agree. Let them come here and work their arse off for that dream move. That benefits us and them.

But mostly they end up with shattered dreams and a move to really nowhere 

In reality we need to get young, hungry players who have the potential to be a EPL star.

2 or 3 years proving their worth with us and earning a move to a top 3 league.

Win win.

However don't be a prick and say as much.

I fucking hate him saying that and I hate the attitude that goes with it.

How many foreign players have we had come to this club that have fallen in love with us and would go through a brick wall for us on the pitch? Big Amo, Laudrup, Huistra, Gio, Numan, Reyna, Miko, Dado, Rino, Der Hammer, Nando, Moore, &c.

It is an honour to play for this club and anyone that doesn’t think so shouldn’t be here. FS how times have changed.

24 minutes ago, delparlane said:

How many foreign players have we had come to this club that have fallen in love with us and would go through a brick wall for us on the pitch? Big Amo, Laudrup, Huistra, Gio, Numan, Reyna, Miko, Dado, Rino, Der Hammer, Nando, Moore, &c.

It is an honour to play for this club and anyone that doesn’t think so shouldn’t be here. FS how times have changed.

Current generation are a different breed. 

8 hours ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Don't know if t's a language thing or not but Raskin always comes across as not the brightest in interviews imho

Most folk his age are fucking moronic tbf, some of them videos where they stop young people in the street to answer BASIC geography questions make me want to punch cunts in the head.

3 hours ago, delparlane said:

Sorry but we are a different proposition now, back then we could offer wages comparable with almost every club in the world (minus a few elite teams).

The teams we were putting together should’ve been able to challenge for European trophies (it’s a mark against those players & our management that we never got close).

These days the Scottish league is viewed as an absolute backwater, half those players you mentioned would never have even come to us in the first place.

Also you just ignoring half those players jumping ship at the first opportunity to move to the Premier League?

We’ll he’s not going to stay here forever, he’s still young Rangers is a stage in his career, surely we want players with ambition. To get that move he needs to be successful here. People are sensitive wee souls not sure how some get by in life tbh 🤣

He never said ‘stepping stone’