Raskin

scottyc06

We should be a stepping board to the EPL. We should be selling ourselves as that to foreigners and not shy away from it.  If they have the same ideology great.

We just need them to perform well, and get them their move and us the transfer fee that we want and everyone is happy.

Unfortunately we don't do it well whereas across the city they've done far far better.

We're a selling club, in a selling league, next door to a world of riches. Its an opportunity for us and one we should exploit without any embarrassment or anger towards the situation or player.

I’m happy with a few players who come here as a means to progress to a higher level as long as they perform.

The bit we f up is not selling them at their peak. Then they become disillusioned, their performances drop and they drag down the whole squad.

Seen it too often with Kamara, Kent etc.

We have this reluctance to accept this new model. Where we buy young, hungry, talented and ambitious players and sell them on.

Instead we cling on to the old guard for dear life. And/or sign guys like Dessers with no potential for improvement and sell-on value.

Our mythical player trading model is just that, bring in promising young players from abroad for a smallish fee, get 2-3 good years from them and if they perform well they get noticed by EPL clubs that offer the player and us big bucks.

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. Or is he meant to have grown up in Belgium with an ambition to play in the SPFL as the pinnacle of his career?

I’ve no problem with him or any of our other players having that ambition but he’s miles off it, I don’t think he’s that great at all. I think so far he’s been incredibly overrated by some out-width a handful of performances here and there 

I wish players would shut up when it comes to things like this.

We have been absolutely shite, Raskin performances included. 

Absolutely no position to say you want to use us a stepping stone to the EPL or whatever.

Do your talking on the pitch, and if someone from a better league thinks you're good enough, they'll let you and us know, and we'll make big cash.

Embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

I wish players would shut up when it comes to things like this.

We have been absolutely shite, Raskin performances included. 

Absolutely no position to say you want to use us a stepping stone to the EPL or whatever.

Do your talking on the pitch, and if someone from a better league thinks you're good enough, they'll let you and us know, and we'll make big cash.

Embarrassing.

This. I was just thinking lets face it, your an idiot if you dont realise most foreign players final aspirations wont be to play in the spl.

But why bang on about it over and over. All you need to say is all im focused on is my current club.

If you perform to a high level the move will come.

1 hour ago, Albertz85 said:

This. I was just thinking lets face it, your an idiot if you dont realise most foreign players final aspirations wont be to play in the spl.

But why bang on about it over and over. All you need to say is all im focused on is my current club.

If you perform to a high level the move will come.

Most players don't move to a club and say "I'm using this as a stepping stone" it's such a shite mentality.

Here's my thoughts:

Lucky you're getting the opportunity to play Infront of 50k. It's a privileged position.

Play well, do your best, earn the next move by actually playing Football.

Talking such things, especially when your performances have been so crap, is embarrassing and could be written off as pure delusion.

Another stick to beat us with, players can't be arsed here, but they're so shite themselves dreaming that they'll play for Chelsea and the likes.

Away ye go.

1 hour ago, bluenose244 said:

My wee man loves him for some reason I keep trying to turn him more towards Cantwell, cause I really do not see the hype he's done very little in a Rangers jersey tbh.

Cantwell seems to have went down in some fans estimations since he's been injured, or this season. 

He was a standout 2nd half of last season, then gets dropped for first league game of this season (to fit Lammers in) then is played in a less influential role. 

Fuck all wrong with the player, more the manager tbh. Raskin flatters to deceive, but think he's better than what he's shown so far. Maybe not quite EPL standard though as he thinks. 

Just now, OrangeRab said:

I’m happy with a few players who come here as a means to progress to a higher level as long as they perform.

The bit we f up is not selling them at their peak. Then they become disillusioned, their performances drop and they drag down the whole squad.

Seen it too often with Kamara, Kent etc.

We have this reluctance to accept this new model. Where we buy young, hungry, talented and ambitious players and sell them on.

Instead we cling on to the old guard for dear life. And/or sign guys like Dessers with no potential for improvement and sell-on value.

Not sure about this bit mate. If the right money comes in we have proven we will sell. Bassey and Aribo are examples of that.

With Morelos the right money at the right time didn't come in. The fans would have been accepting enough of the right bid. Same with Kent. Same with Kamara.

I think we as fans do accept this model.

Bassey and Patterson both went while young and at their peak value. Had we unloaded Kent, Morelas and Kamara at the same time, we might have had enough money for the sort of rebuild that is now needed. Sadly, we missed the sailing times and we are now on the slow boat.

7 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

See before we all really get tore in to Raskin what is the article in the paper and what are the quotes from Raskin himself that @AGC123 is refering to? Papers, especially Scottish sport pages have a habit of misinformation.

Seems to be a direct quote to the French newspaper.

"One day I want to play in the English Premier League, but I don’t put pressure on myself. I have a plan in my head, Rangers is just a stage in that. Rangers was the best choice at that time to realise my plan."