Cifuentes

Leeds_Bear

1 hour ago, Gman36 said:

Butland not seen enough of yet to make a judgement. Hasnt really had saves to make in either game yet. Didn't stand much of a chance in both goals we've lost so far. 

Danilo I'm slightly concerned about, but too early to judge. 

Dowell looks OK... Again, too early. 

Cifuentes is the only I've categorically thought, he looks a bright prospect. 

So… too early to say then? 😂

51 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought that was more down to Tav having concrete in his boots, and Beale trying to have him play like he was 26 again. 

Yes, this is it can you imagine how good it would be if we had a tricky winger out wide or a much younger fullback who can go past people with speed and trickery.

39 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Dessers was absolutely dreadful last night.

Got a goal and was integral to the move that Lammers should’ve got the third

He looked off it at others but he wasn’t absolutely dreadful and he was an improvement from Saturday 

Highly confident he’ll be a top player for us shortly

Let me get Sima off my chest first. All I will say is that I would rather have Matondo before him.

The rest of the new guys I expect to come through in time. While overall last night it was far from great it was a big improvement on last Saturdays shit show.

I liked the look of him, he put himself about and brought a bit of intensity that we were really lacking from 60 odd minutes onwards 

So far only him and Butland of the new guys that have impressed me, it is far too early to be judging the new players though. Lammers and Danilo in particular I expect to be good players for us 

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Got a goal and was integral to the move that Lammers should’ve got the third

He looked off it at others but he wasn’t absolutely dreadful and he was an improvement from Saturday 

Highly confident he’ll be a top player for us shortly

Wish I shared your confidence.

He just looks like a plodder with poor-to-average touch.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

1000%. I was directly in line with both of those passes, it’s clear he wanted to keep the urgency going whereas Tav was on his heels wanting the ball to feet to inevitably play it back to Goldson. 

This. Think it was obvious what was going on.

Looks like another guy with no pace, but a technical footballer. Means you need energy next to him to get the most out of him. Raskin Cifuentes Cantwell as a 3 in the middle on Saturday?

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Wish I shared your confidence.

He just looks like a plodder with poor-to-average touch.

We know for a fact he was behind in pre season, and we know for a fact that he’s playing in an entirely new team surrounded by players who have also not long joined.

His ability is proven in the Eredivisie, Serie A and European games.

Give him more than 2 competitive matches to judge him.

33 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

We know for a fact he was behind in pre season, and we know for a fact that he’s playing in an entirely new team surrounded by players who have also not long joined.

His ability is proven in the Eredivisie, Serie A and European games.

Give him more than 2 competitive matches to judge him.

More than willing to give him a chance but I’m judging him on what I saw at the end of May when we were first linked and the early indications are confirming my fears.

He really needs to sharpen up in terms of the first five/ten yards sprint where the very best strikers find a yard out of nowhere.

Maybe some very specific speed work might be the answer?

Just now, Colin Traive said:

More than willing to give him a chance but I’m judging him on what I saw at the end of May when we were first linked and the early indications are confirming my fears.

He really needs to sharpen up in terms of the first five/ten yards sprint where the very best strikers find a yard out of nowhere.

Maybe some very specific speed work might be the answer?

He just doesn’t seem totally match fit yet that’s all

Plenty of clips available of him last season and before beating quick players for pace albeit he largely relies on his strength to bully people off him

36 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

Then Tav gives him a WTF look.

How drunk would you get if you drank a shot every time you say FFS Tav during a game these days?

:lol: 

Couldnt believe Tav did that, by the way.. Cifu was obviously playing him a ball that he thought Tav would run onto.

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Been happy overall with Dowell. Got a bit of bite and seems to want to press forward.

Very interesting option from the bench I think, loved what I saw for few games now.

5 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Played a pass you would normally to any normal right back. Unfortunately our right back can't be fucked moving and his zero acceleration in him.

5 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Hit 1 perfect for tav to run onto and hes just stood there flat footed

5 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Yeah I more posted that so the moaning crew in the other thread didn't jump on the post to point them out ha. 

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

1000%. I was directly in line with both of those passes, it’s clear he wanted to keep the urgency going whereas Tav was on his heels wanting the ball to feet to inevitably play it back to Goldson. 

:lol: Saw 4 notifications and thought I was getting a roasting. Glad someone agrees with me for once :lol:

I think Tav might be in for a bit of change this season. I saw a few times Goldson getting frustrated at how slow we were. It would be great to see how playing Sterling in there would change our pace. 

Not wanting to bash Tav, but it's becoming more apparent that his lack of urgency is one of the reasons that we struggle at times

5 hours ago, Gman36 said:

Only guy that we've signed so far that my initial thoughts are positive. Fingers crossed will be a good player for us

Only guy that isn't during a pre-season as far as fitness levels are concerned and I think that this is pretty telling. He looked fitter and sharper than those around him. Looked assured and had a bit of dig about him......bye bye Lundstram.

I still hold out hope for our signings to get the rustiness out of their system and form partnerships.

The one thing Beale HAS to do is to stick with a favoured 11 to give them a chance to gel.