Big concerns about our squad

Gman36

Tavernier is fast becoming a liability, 3 times in the opening 4 minutes of the second half he gave the ball away needlessly, can't defend a fuck barely puts any quality into the box and is slow as a week in the jail.....what's depressing is that he still has 4 goals so far so it's almost as if that outweighs his deficiencies....not anymore he is done 

Midfield is the biggest problem for me. Has been for a few seasons now. No creativity. No dynamism. No control of the game. No good link up play. No attacking threat.

If we don’t throw Tav and Barasic forward we offer no attacking threat.

Jack and Lundstrum are Hearts/Hibs level.

We must be incredibly easy to defend against when we have 0 good ball playing midfielders. 

2 hours ago, Gman36 said:

Butland in goal looks good, so he's not a concern

That back line has finally declined, and we ought to have been on top of that last season and seen that we'd need to make changes. The barasic, goldson, Tav (and +1 CB) are now all on average too old and slowed enough we're getting caught out.

Tav in particular pace has declined dramatically. I don't think he's done as player, but I think the Captain Tav of old practically winning games single handed has gone now. And the problem is going to be, he's never been the best defensively, what are we left with now the pace has gone? 

Souttar I'm absolutely no fan of, could be a squad player that barely plays at best. We're not winning the league with him in the starting 11.

I might be wrong, but I think Beale's made signings on the basis of barasic and tav being the maverick wing backs they've been for a number of years now. But that's absolutely ridiculous, we could all see Barasic was out of gas all last season, and Tav was very clearly starting to decline the second half of last season. We could all see it, what the fuck were they thinking?!! Astonishingly bad squad management. 

Midfield is mostly empty shirts. Cantwell is a good player and worthy of a better squad than he's around just now. Raskin flatters to deceive. Jack's done. 

The forward line looks pitiful, and arguably the biggest concern of the lot. We've spent a relative fortune and look way worse than we did last season. Dessers is a donkey, Lammers powderpuff, danilo looks to be £6 million blown, which is utterly horrific. 

Overall we're far too slow with a back line that lacks mobility, a relatively weak Midfield, and a forward line we've spent money on to get a crew of journeymen who have little end product and can't seem to score. 

We've no prospects. Who are we bringing through who might kick on for us to make a profit on? Cantwell maybe, raskin possible... Matondo if we're lucky? That's about it.

Deeply worrying for us, this is the sort of position it could take two or three years to fix. Certainly we don't have the finances to turn this around quickly. 

The problem is not the players that you have pointed out, it is the youth coach masquerading as a manager. Tav and Golson are our liabilities.

That back line has finally declined, and we ought to have been on top of that last season and seen that we'd need to make changes. The barasic, goldson, Tav (and +1 CB) are now all on average too old and slowed enough we're getting caught out.

Tav in particular pace has declined dramatically. I don't think he's done as player, but I think the Captain Tav of old practically winning games single handed has gone now. And the problem is going to be, he's never been the best defensively, what are we left with now the pace has gone? 

Souttar I'm absolutely no fan of, could be a squad player that barely plays at best. We're not winning the league with him in the starting 11.

I might be wrong, but I think Beale's made signings on the basis of barasic and tav being the maverick wing backs they've been for a number of years now. But that's absolutely ridiculous, we could all see Barasic was out of gas all last season, and Tav was very clearly starting to decline the second half of last season. We could all see it, what the fuck were they thinking?!! Astonishingly bad squad management. 

Midfield is mostly empty shirts. Cantwell is a good player and worthy of a better squad than he's around just now. Raskin flatters to deceive. Jack's done. 

The forward line looks pitiful, and arguably the biggest concern of the lot. We've spent a relative fortune and look way worse than we did last season. Dessers is a donkey, Lammers powderpuff, danilo looks to be £6 million blown, which is utterly horrific. 

Overall we're far too slow with a back line that lacks mobility, a relatively weak Midfield, and a forward line we've spent money on to get a crew of journeymen who have little end product and can't seem to score. 

We've no prospects. Who are we bringing through who might kick on for us to make a profit on? Cantwell maybe, raskin possible... Matondo if we're lucky? That's about it.

Deeply worrying for us, this is the sort of position it could take two or three years to fix. Certainly we don't have the finances to turn this around quickly. 

Well said. As depressing as it is, I found myself agreeing with most of what you’ve wrote there.

2 hours ago, KyleBJK said:

Depressingly, we  are worse than last season and that’s some going. 

Signed 9 players. Promised exciting attacking football. Where is it?

If anything we give the opposition more respect. Cowardly at times.

We have been gaslit by a cocky Cockney. 

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

This is why we needed a clean slate and a fresh face after Gio 

Too many responsible for past failures still making up the ‘spine’ (not that there is one) of the team 

Beale signed 9 new players. 

How many started today? 2 or 3?

His failure.

18 minutes ago, Badger said:

Players either

• Don't have the ability to do what Beale is asking,
  • Are not getting the message in what Beale is asking,
  • Are acting out what Beale is asking - but it doesn't work.

I think elements of all 3 are probably true.

Concerning that our attacking options look utter toothless.

Last option is my bet. These players must be better than the garbage we saw today.

2 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Midfield is the biggest problem for me. Has been for a few seasons now. No creativity. No dynamism. No control of the game. No good link up play. No attacking threat.

If we don’t throw Tav and Barasic forward we offer no attacking threat.

Jack and Lundstrum are Hearts/Hibs level.

We must be incredibly easy to defend against when we have 0 good ball playing midfielders. 

This. 
I realise few players are excluded from criticism just now, but for me Raskin has been absolutely garbage since the start of the season. Lundstram should feel hard done by being dropped today as he’s probably been our best midfielder recently. 

Butland the best signing so far which tells its own story. 

The backline has been left the same as last season. Not good enough then and not good enough now. 

Our midfield still lacks creativity. 

Then the forward line. Millions on 3 new players who beale rated so much he dropped 2 for vital games. The kind of money we've spent you should be getting strikers that hit the ground running. It didn't take Colak long to hit goals and he wasn't deemed good enough.

If you are going to have 9 new signings, basically a clean slate, then a new captain should have happened as well.

I know, it's a broken record, but it's true.

The back four needs changed, yet we addressed it with two free signings in Balogun & Sterling whilst spending £6M on a player we have hardly used. That's a big concern for me.