Conor Goldson

RangersMedia

1 minute ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Wright received a yellow, but persisted in giving the ref verbal - Tav and Goldson just stood back and watched beside him.

A decent captain and vice captain would have hauled him away, not these two haufwits.

Both them need gone, The undroppables

5 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Wright received a yellow, but persisted in giving the ref verbal - Tav and Goldson just stood back and watched beside him.

A decent captain and vice captain would have hauled him away, not these two haufwits.

The captain and vice captain are not really needed in the modern game don't you know.

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Am I? One league title and one Scottish cup would suggest different. 

Also made a complete cunt of it in the Europa.

A serial loser. 

We dont concede that goal in the final if he doesnt switch off.

He can be an absolute colossus at times, but switches off far too often, and often in the big games. It's cost us various times over the 5 years and his mentality sucks balls. 

Completely agree.

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

We have played zonal marking from the start of the season, with the very odd tweak to that. Goldson is part of a team that gives away free headers with every ball into the box. He ducks out of the way of shots. He is a shitebag. I would rather have one of these hammer throwers that throw their body on the line to get the ball to fuck away from our goal. Fucking dreadful but thinks he is Franz Beckenbaur

Clear as day we were playing man at that corner. Can have a go at him for not being a hard man but incredibly harsh to blame him for that first goal today.

Id love to upgrade almost everyone in our team. But for me he’s far down the list.

We fielded 5-6 guys today that wouldn’t look out of place playing for Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen.

That’s where the problem lies.

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Am I? One league title and one Scottish cup would suggest different. 

Also made a complete cunt of it in the Europa.

A serial loser. 

Correlation not causation? Just being part of the team in an unsuccessful period isn’t an argument for someone being a loser in a team sport.

Butland has been part of a losing team this season? Doesn’t make him a serial loser. It’s the guys around him that aren’t good enough. 

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

We dont concede that goal in the final if he doesnt switch off.

He can be an absolute colossus at times, but switches off far too often, and often in the big games. It's cost us various times over the 5 years and his mentality sucks balls. 

Completely agree.

Don’t think he switched off tbh, he just made a shocker of a decision

17 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Correlation not causation? Just being part of the team in an unsuccessful period isn’t an argument for someone being a loser in a team sport.

Tav, in particular, cost us 7 goals against celtic last season that cost us the league and 2 cups. 

Goldson was firmly to blame today, as he has been in tbe past when we've gave up 3 points. 

Now they aren't part of the problem just because the team happen to be losing with them as mainstays. Laughable pish. 

2 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Not sure I’d single out Goldson.

Our problem is we have a bunch of guys way below the quality needed. Cifuentes (think he was to blame for first goal).

A midfield that was outclassed by the sheep.

Jack, Lundstrum and Cifuentes miles of the quality needed.

The front line..

Scott Wright getting sent off.

Let’s have a rebuild where we improve on our worst players. Not knee jerk just get rid of the 3/4 that are actually good enough 

Absolutely . Some ( most)  fans fail to see that the reason we are where we are is because we got rid of loads of players.  Tav put in some great crosses today that could and should have been put away. Hardly his fault our forwards are shit. 

10 minutes ago, Bigeasy said:

Absolutely . Some ( most)  fans fail to see that the reason we are where we are is because we got rid of loads of players.  Tav put in some great crosses today that could and should have been put away. Hardly his fault our forwards are shit. 

He didn't put in one good cross of note. He's reverted to hitting crosses in from 40 yards out because he doesn't have the pace or stamina to get to the by line.

Most of which go to the keeper now. Or hit the 1st defender. 

2 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

We don’t play zonal. We play man marking.

Feel free to blame Beale. But Goldson was not at fault for the goal.

It was Cifu not doing under 12 basics

I never mentioned anything about zonal/man marking or whatever. 
I mentioned the fact Goldson was not looking at the flight of the ball as he was too busy with his eyes on a player. 

39 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Tav, in particular, cost us 7 goals against celtic last season that cost us the league and 2 cups. 

Goldson was firmly to blame today, as he has been in tbe past when we've gave up 3 points. 

Now they aren't part of the problem just because the team happen to be losing with them as mainstays. Laughable pish. 

The pair of their Hampden record alone tells you a story 

we need winners and those pair aren’t it 

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

I said to my mate after Wright got booked he was getting sent off as he was running about like a headless chicken frustrated to fuck that he can’t play football 

what did you expect Tav and Goldson to do? Sit him on the grass verge for ten minutes to calm him down. 

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I never mentioned anything about zonal/man marking or whatever. 
I mentioned the fact Goldson was not looking at the flight of the ball as he was too busy with his eyes on a player. 

Aye but you said he was at fault for the first goal? 

He was marking his man. Cifu lost his man which is why they scored

Goldson is average at best and has a major lapse in him at any time. We won 55 in 20-21; 3 seasons ago, when we did not have fans in the staduim(no pressure from the stands) and we had Filip Helander (well underrated)who  was a good organiser and by his positioning could make up for Goldsons deficits. He is 2 years older and is getting worse. When he refused to sign, we should have found his replacement and not signed him again(thanks Wilson for giving him a 4 year contract). Beales rebuild should have started at the back.