Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah didn't really think he was a realistic target until late on. Even then still thought it would be Muscat.

I'm not going to get too ahead of myself because I thought the last 2 were going to be the men to get us back to the title. Mind you he needs financial backing to be able to do that, I think that's just as important as a good manager.

I would imagine he’s been given reassurances by the board about what finances he’ll have available. 

12 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Hoping Clement can get a tune out them in the short term until he gets to bring in his own signings.

Surely they can’t be as bad as they’ve so far shown. 

I’m hoping that he wouldn’t have taken the job if he wasn’t confident he could get them firing as he’s seen what’s happened to the last two managers and how quickly you can get fucked out a job at rangers 

9 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Any news on his back room staff yet? 

Was gonna ask the same thing.

No offence to Steven Davis & Gavin Rae but I’d hope we bring in some more talented / experienced coaches.

There should be space for one or two ex player types to help the manager adjust, Davis could potentially fulfill one of those roles but I’d prefer him to get his coaching badges first, and I don’t really think Rae is good enough for the role.

2 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Was gonna ask the same thing.

No offence to Steven Davis & Gavin Rae but I’d hope we bring in some more talented / experienced coaches.

There should be space for one or two ex player types to help the manager adjust, Davis could potentially fulfill one of those roles but I’d prefer him to get his coaching badges first, and I don’t really think Rae is good enough for the role.

Alex 

I do genuinely hope we get a backroom team that isn't just 100% his. Make some key coaching places made for some highly regarded Scottish coaches that we can keep around regardless of who the manager is. He can bring in one or two of his own staff to set standards etc but the rest should be club appointed ones. 

1 minute ago, Kents_Hook said:

I honestly don't think this is a good appointment at all but then again, we changed manager before the first half of the season before and ended up all the way to the europa league final.

good luck gaffer

Why not?