***** The Official Livingston v Rangers Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Away and sit doon ffs m8.

The quality for.large parts of the game after our opening spell was poor akin to watching a game under Beale .

I thought Cantwell should have been brought on around 60 odd minutes to get us out the rit we were in we weren't winning or holding the ball enough .

Thought we were poor for certainly the first 20 mins of second half, livingston made it tough for us in thst spell. 3 points and a clean sheet is good enough. Here's hoping Clement and the players make the most of the international break and get some proper training done

5 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Never been a good game on an Astro park. Could still have been 4 or 5 comfortably. Today was about 3 points and move on. Job done.

Indeed, was an enjoyable game in the first half, 2nd half we looked a bit workman like, Mccausland didn't really get the space he had first half.  Not a great place to go, once the 2nd went in I would've taken the FT whistle there and then.

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I've been watching Rangers struggle to perform home and away against Livingston for fucking years under every manager, comparing Clement in any way to that fucking fat balloon head is quite frankly insane 

The pont is on the display not a comparison of managerial styles I've stated as much in how the players display at that point in the game today was reminiscent of a Beale display .

I felt he should have had Cantwell on earlier for that very reason we were in a rut at that point the 15 minutes after restart was rubbish in terms of our players input.

I've no doubts Clement is a major step up and it's been shown since he took the job in terms of displays .

Today we got bogged down for the most part especially after the break and it was then we needed fresh input into the game as Livi found far too much space where we weren't challenging and got more than a few runs on our defence in and around our box a lot of that came off a Livi press or passing that wasn't good enough from us despite time and space in a few instances upshot we're on the back foot.

41 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

I'm fine.when.Rangers can bury teams like they did against Hibs and last week Hearts and not be suckered into negativity which they avoided against Hearts last week but fell into it against Livingston then I'll have no complaints 

Could have easily been 4 or 5 today and definitely one of our better performance on that surface. There was frustrating spells during the game but nowhere near Beale level of shite. The manager speaks well and honest about it it his post match interview above. 

We’re going the right direction mate with a proper manager in charge, his first phase up to international break has been a huge success. Standards will only get higher imo

Solid performance with the result never in doubt, great work by PC to get the team playing decent and working hard, well deserved break for a couple of days and hopefully get the training intensity up again and a few squad options back after the international break.

I quite like Martindale but that’s the worst Livingston team I have seen, relegation fodder.

2 minutes ago, ayro said:

Solid performance with the result never in doubt, great work by PC to get the team playing decent and working hard, well deserved break for a couple of days and hopefully get the training intensity up again and a few squad options back after the international break.

I quite like Martindale but that’s the worst Livingston team I have seen, relegation fodder.

Team full of giant dumplings 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Could have easily been 4 or 5 today and definitely one of our better performance on that surface. There was frustrating spells during the game but nowhere near Beale level of shite. The manager speaks well and honest about it it his post match interview above. 

We’re going the right direction mate with a proper manager in charge, his first phase up to international break has been a huge success. Standards will only get higher imo

Agreed we should have been out of sight I certainly don't want to go back to the shite like Aberdeen at Ibrox scoring in the first few minutes then spending the next 85 minutes feigning injury or using spoiling tactics ably assisted by incompetent officiating by rewarding that bullshit with free kicks etc.

All it did and still does is to some.extemt.is hinder our performances but when we are flying out the traps we can be some team to watch it's been far too long since yet it's still the same core of players who should have no fears about this league when all said and done .

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

You think Dessers is good though so can’t take your opinion seriously 

You need to pay more attention to what folk actually post.

Never once have I said Dessers is/was good enough.

I pointed out his career stats produced the best minutes per goal ratio than any Rangers striker’s career stats for the last 20 years. I also said I found this very surprising. Not sure how you construed ‘he thinks Dessers is good enough’ from that.

You also stated on another thread that Dessers had never scored more than 22 goals in any season anywhere, when challenging Dessers comments that he was targeting 25 goal INVOLVEMENTS this season but Dessers had scored 29 and had a total of 42 goal involvements in a single season, so your observations in both instance are inaccurate.

For the avoidance of doubt, I don’t think Dessers is good enough yet but I do think he will come good. He had more influence on the game today than Danilo for example. 

People need to remember Philippe is still working with what he inherited, you can't make a purse out of a sows ear but so far he's done well, unbeaten and getting in general much better performances from players that only 2 or 3 weeks ago most of us wanted to be taken out and shot. The manager has consistently said since he came in that it will take time but the direction is now looking far more positive than it has been for years. Think some on here and elsewhere that I've seen need to start learning to enjoy it. 

56 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

The pont is on the display not a comparison of managerial styles I've stated as much in how the players display at that point in the game today was reminiscent of beale

Are you trying to get us to lose our tempers?

2 hours ago, goaaaal said:

A cracking first 20 mins then absolute garbage for the most part afterwards.

It felt as if Beale was back in charge as the passing became chronic irrespective of the Livi press we resorted to punts, back and side passing and a total lack of composure in space taking a ball and controlling it for most of that game until the introduction of Cantwell far too late in the game as the first twenty or so minutes  of the second half was chronic.

McCausland doesn't have to fall like that I don't like to see it as it set a marker for the shite that followed through that first half in 50/50's and tussles upshot was a totally frustrating mix of spoiling tactics and generally shite football that we inevitably fell into as in previous games had we stayed true to our first 20 minutes we would have been out of sight.

As for  McLean and  his officials they made shite decisions that impacted the game continually if that doesn't tell our players to get the job done then it's just going to be the same shit display again and again..

Definitely need to work harder on overcoming these type of games all the fluidity bar that Hearts game a few weeks ago has gone after a bright start to a game that surface doesn't help but the lack of accuracy in the passing today in the short and medium range was dire after twenty minutes in and gave Livi umpteen chances to get in about our defence far too many times as our defence of the ball on the deck or mid air was fucking abysmal for a large part of that game.

The key substitutions came far too late for me should've have been done around the time of Dessers going off it was obvious by half time we'd lost our way in terms of dominance

What flavour are the windows today?

A cracking first 20 mins then absolute garbage for the most part afterwards.

It felt as if Beale was back in charge as the passing became chronic irrespective of the Livi press we resorted to punts, back and side passing and a total lack of composure in space taking a ball and controlling it for most of that game until the introduction of Cantwell far too late in the game as the first twenty or so minutes  of the second half was chronic.

McCausland doesn't have to fall like that I don't like to see it as it set a marker for the shite that followed through that first half in 50/50's and tussles upshot was a totally frustrating mix of spoiling tactics and generally shite football that we inevitably fell into as in previous games had we stayed true to our first 20 minutes we would have been out of sight.

As for  McLean and  his officials they made shite decisions that impacted the game continually if that doesn't tell our players to get the job done then it's just going to be the same shit display again and again..

Definitely need to work harder on overcoming these type of games all the fluidity bar that Hearts game a few weeks ago has gone after a bright start to a game that surface doesn't help but the lack of accuracy in the passing today in the short and medium range was dire after twenty minutes in and gave Livi umpteen chances to get in about our defence far too many times as our defence of the ball on the deck or mid air was fucking abysmal for a large part of that game.

The key substitutions came far too late for me should've have been done around the time of Dessers going off it was obvious by half time we'd lost our way in terms of dominance.

Plenty pish in there, plenty 

The quality for.large parts of the game after our opening spell was poor akin to watching a game under Beale .

I thought Cantwell should have been brought on around 60 odd minutes to get us out the rit we were in we weren't winning or holding the ball enough .

Haven’t read anything past this post, but don’t you appreciate it’s WIP with existing squad?