Danilo

CoplandRoad83

Hard to judge atm, the service to him is almost always either non existent or completely shocking.

The Lawrence ball over the top aside he got nothing but balls passed into him with nothing on and a defender standing over him or he got crosses that had no pace or were played behind him 

18 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I think he's a good but not great striker. Certainly good enough to be a squad option if not a first pick.

Is he worth the alleged £6M we paid for him? Not a chance.

Think this is daft. He’s completely worth 6 million in todays market considering he came from Feyenoord and was scoring fairly regularly for them in pre season 

Just because Scottish clubs are famous for undervaluing players doesn’t mean they aren’t worth their reported values everywhere else in the world 

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Think this is daft. He’s completely worth 6 million in todays market considering he came from Feyenoord and was scoring fairly regularly for them in pre season 

Just because Scottish clubs are famous for undervaluing players doesn’t mean they aren’t worth their reported values everywhere else in the world 

Ok point taken. I will rephrase it:

Was buying him the right use of £6M for us when we are not a cash rich club and haven't been for some time? Not a chance.

I think he is a decent all round striker without being exceptional in any one area.

The service to him has been particularly poor for the last couple of games, but I also think he is struggling at the moment as we are mainly coming up against teams who are sitting back and limiting space with physical defenders. He doesn’t have the nous to find pockets of space like Roofe; the physicality to dominate and move defenders around like peak Morelos; nor the predatory instinct to just be in the right place at the right time like a Boyd or McCoist.

I think we would probably see the best out of him if we could partner him in a 2 with someone that has a bit more physical presence but not sure we are going 2 up top any time soon.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Hard to judge atm, the service to him is almost always either non existent or completely shocking.

The Lawrence ball over the top aside he got nothing but balls passed into him with nothing on and a defender standing over him or he got crosses that had no pace or were played behind him 

You're right, the same service every striker at the club's been getting for years.

Working off scraps last night, the service to him from wide or midfield was nothing short of shocking against one of the lowest ranked teams we've ever faced in Europe and we haven't beaten them in a section where everyone else has taken max points. Needs too many chances to score, but we've said that before about players even like McCoist, service needs improved pronto or this is going to be one toxic season.

I get "going rates" etc. however, we don't have enough money to be spending £6m on CF players that don't end up with 20+ goals in a season. 

17 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

You're right, the same service every striker at the club's been getting for years.

Aye because we don’t do wingers and we don’t do creative midfielders 

We have no width and we have two midfielders in Cifuentes and Lundstram that have zero ability to pick a forward pass 

We absolutely starve our strikers and just got lucky with Morelos that he had the ability to create room for himself by using his strength, which is what he was doing any time he was actually in form 

33 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Hope people stick with him. Has showed enough for me that he could still come good.

I do too. I think he's a very decent squad option but not the main striker we are relying on week in week out.

2 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Hope people stick with him. Has showed enough for me that he could still come good.

He benefits from comparison to other signings such as Dessers and Lammers who are truly abysmal.

By that yardstick, an average striker will look like Erling Haaland.

He couldn’t tie the laces of McCoist, Hateley, Mols, peak Morelos, Prso etc.

23 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

He benefits from comparison to other signings such as Dessers and Lammers who are truly abysmal.

By that yardstick, an average striker will look like Erling Haaland.

He couldn’t tie the laces of McCoist, Hateley, Mols, peak Morelos, Prso etc.

Both Hateley and McCoist had the fans turn on them in their first seasons. Morelos took time to get going.

No guarantee Danilo will come good for us but he needs a bit of time.