Rangers statement

JWAC

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

In the 2nd half when they pulled up their wee lines to show the off-side, half an hour after the incident, Crocker admitted to having the VAR audio from Collum and even joked that he wished Collum had told them this at the time.

I'm convinced that the offside decision wasn't the reason why we didn't get the penalty and it was a lucky covering arses spot by someone. Collum saying that the hand was in a natural position kinda backs this up.

Spot on. Guaranteed there is no conversation about offside at the time.

7 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Why was there minimal replays during the game btw? This got missed as well.20231230_214114.thumb.jpg.4f033a21b66d0807ed1c80e18a702b72.jpg

Wasn’t that a shot from Cantwell that deflected off one of those players onto the hand though

Pretty sure not a pen in Scotland/England, but UEFA tend to still give them due to the hand position there 

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Wasn’t that a shot from Cantwell that deflected off one of those players onto the hand though

Pretty sure not a pen in Scotland/England, but UEFA tend to still give them due to the hand position there 

There were several where there were no replays of what might have been handball.

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Possibly. But I'd have thought with the hand position it was still a pen.

23 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

In the 2nd half when they pulled up their wee lines to show the off-side, half an hour after the incident, Crocker admitted to having the VAR audio from Collum and even joked that he wished Collum had told them this at the time.

I'm convinced that the offside decision wasn't the reason why we didn't get the penalty and it was a lucky covering arses spot by someone. Collum saying that the hand was in a natural position kinda backs this up.

This one isn't up for debate bud.

Not getting the penalty had absolutely zero to do with an offside as they were awarded a goal kick, not an indirect free kick.

Offside narrative is just a smokescreen to deflect from collum ignoring the most blatant of hand balls :lol:

I'm glad we put out something. I expect that our statement is as much about putting pressure on the officials going forward as it is about highlighting todays incident. They should know they need to think twice next time before just deciding against us on a whim. The tims have been doing this shit for years about time we did too.

15 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They are almost invariably VAR checked 

Not necessarily given but always checked 

8 minutes ago, 1690KWilliam said:

Before today I didn’t have Collum in the same bracket as Clancy.   I do now 

I’d agree with that. Always thought Collum was just a really bad ref and that everyone in Scotland even scum fans would say the same. A guy who likes to make it about him, almost like an uglier, Scottish version of Lahoz 

However what we seen from him today was either the highest form of shitting it from the pressure he was under or it was just cheating pure and simple. I’m not convinced it wasn’t the latter 

4 hours ago, JWAC said:

It should be stressed that the decision was correct in the end as Abdallah Sima was offside in the build-up.

i said the club would make some noise then let it die the fact they are happy with the decision of it being offside suggests as such

what they should be asking for is both the audio and video in every case more so in this one as some pics are showing that the ball had already been kicked before the players had step forward for them to claim offside and follow it up by questioning every aspect of the decision 

but they wont and thats why the media wont question any real decision against us