*****The Official Rangers v SL Benfica Thread*****

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

My biggest worry is that Dessers has offered less than nothing for 4 or 5 games now that his goal scoring anomaly is over. We're coming into the crunch of the season and we're absolutely impotent.

The thought of him against the tarriers makes me shudder.

A complete passenger.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

We definitely need the international break to give a few players a breather. 

We're stretching the squad so thin atm and the quality will inevitably drop when we have to rely on guys who normally wouldnt get much of a look in. 

They've done us proud since Clement has come in, just need one more push against Dundee, and hopefully we get more players back after the break for the run in. 

Bang on. 3 points anyway possible at Dundee then regroup 

1 minute ago, Blacky Bear said:

Seldom agree with super ally, but criminal from our corners.

Basic passing terrible.

Front 3 not Rangers class.

Too many Souter aside possible Butland with great save couldn't raise the bar tonight.

Just hope not getting a January goalscorer in doesn't bite us.

Anyway on to Hibs, let's steamrol the league.

Dundee mate but agree with the rest of it.

I don’t get why Cantwell played left side or Matondo on the right. They didn’t improve the team. Dessers actually contributed to their goal turning into eight men when he should have laid it back.

Feel gutted like us all.

Is what it is though just need to keep going and compete for the Scottish Cup and the League.

Have every faith in Clement and the players to deliver us it.

Fucking love you Rangers. Proud of the turn around since Big Phil came in. Few players will and need to be moved on though in the summer. Don't think my heart and patience could take another season with Dessers as a 9

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The thought of him against the tarriers makes me shudder.

A complete passenger.

If Roofe is fit, I'd start him. 

We're going to have to play Dessers against Dundee and Hibs and rely on other players scoring. We can't carry him against the scum.

11 minutes ago, JWAC said:

Caught out over and over again when we were attacking. It's the one game I'll question the gaffers tactics.

Onwards and upwards, get some players back and fit and win the league, then get Dessers to fuck close season

When he tried to run onto the out ball in the 75th minute instead of just trapping it and maintaining, I’m sure a little piece of Phil died inside. 

2 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Just fucking sick to my back teeth of that same old tired song. We’re just criminally wasteful in the final third far too many times. Yes, we are depleted, and yes that is a very good team, but ffs we gifted them all three of their goals over the two legs and wasted chance after chance and corner after corner. Same old same old. Pissed off because we could have taken their further in spite of the wage gap.

Och well it is what is is. Anger born of frustration, and it will pass. 
Just expected much better, that’s all.

It's disappointing but we need to be realistic - could have won against a team who as Philippe pointed out have a far bigger budget than ours and quite a few better players. I can't find fault with the effort from team and manager - it's all ifs and buts really isn't it.