*****Rangers v the filth match thread*****

15 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

That along with sima for Silva I'd be over the moon. 

I think Silva will start and Sima will come on around 60/65 minutes. I've been very underwhelmed by Silva, though I didn't have much expectation tbh, but I think this is a game that might suit him.

8 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Tempted to send this winning lineup to Phillipe 

Screenshot_2024-04-05-17-21-46-425_com.whatsapp-edit.jpg

Nice but I’d maybe start Roof up front and tell him to think about his future. 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Clement said there's no change from last weekend so Roofe is out. He can think about his future from the stand.

Roofe isn’t ‘out’ he took part in the warm up along with Dowell. Just didn’t make the squad. 

I really hope Clement has ditched the high defensive line deployed against Benfica  - as this would play directly into their hands especially with Maeda and Kyogo's pace.

We also need to muzzle McGregor and Hatate as they have I'm afraid totally dominated the midfield in recent OF games.

It's imperative that if Cantwell plays and I'm sure he will,  that he screws the nut and plays with his head and not his heart. McGregor made an arse of him and had him running about like a headless chicken.

Play to his strengths, don't try to beat every other player . Just be disciplined

3 minutes ago, Carnbroe Bear said:

It's imperative that if Cantwell plays and I'm sure he will,  that he screws the nut and plays with his head and not his heart. McGregor made an arse of him and had him running about like a headless chicken.

Play to his strengths, don't try to beat every other player . Just be disciplined

Yep, he needs to avoid getting sucked into opposition mind games, happens too often for my liking.