***** The Official Rangers v Dynamo Kyiv UEFA Champions League Third Round Qualification Match Thread *****

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Who would you suggest? 

First comment you have quoted isn't mines. A fellow albertz lover.

Anyway I'm not saying neccesarily Alex Rae. 

I don't have a specific name for you thats neccesarily available/wants involved but I think someone in the mould of steve Davis, barry ferguson.

As I said though even Jimmy Bell as kitman seemed to put players in their place.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors but it's a special/unique club with a great history, high expectations and I think foreign players in particular should be supported with people that can provide that.

Just my tuppenceworth.

43 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I’m not pretending anything, I’m saying it’s debatable if he’s like you said an excellent coach. 

imo it’s been proved since the one good season here under Gerrard that’s he’s actually just a fraud who’s set our club back years.

Fuck Beale 

Can agree on that. 

We’re going to wipe the floor with them. I can feel it. We’ve endured enough, on and off the pitch, these last six months, but tonight’s going to be like a flashback to Leipzig, Red Star or Braga in 2022; start positively and get an early-ish goal with the place bouncing.

9 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

We’re going to wipe the floor with them. I can feel it.

8 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Think we’ll just about scrape through. Won’t be pretty and we’ll probably be hanging on like fuck second half

Well one of you is lying!

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Think we might scrape by tonight. Expecting positive enough football first half and then some horrendous drop off second half when we see the like of Dowell again

Someone posted in the Motherwell thread they expected a thumping display and goals from us. I was close to saying it would be an early goal for us, we would let them back in it with a shit goal and then struggle to a 2-1 or 3-1 victory. Which ended up happening :ang:. I really can't predict tonight. I don't know how this mob are going to approach it. The tie is basically back to square one but I have the same fears as you for our prospects. The lack of options off the bench is frightening. One positive is they didn't have another weekend off in preparation and won 2-1 away from home. I think they will come and have a go but I think we should see them off comfortably.

11 minutes ago, don logan said:

Clement's biggest test? We have the edge at 1 -1 and £5 million riding on it. With a shoot out for £40 million to follow.

It’ll be one of his best achievements in football should he get us to the groups with this squad of players. We’re miles worse than we were when we put out PSV

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Dunno how I feel about tonight. 

I'm optimistic based on how poor they turned out to be more than anything else. 

But I can't call it. 

I'm cautiously optimistic (if that makes sense). I know Partisan were shite, but to win 0-3 against a boisterous Serbian support tells me they won't be intimidated by the crowd tonight.

Stop Yarmolenko cutting inside onto his left and we should be fine.

2-0 Rangers. Dessers, Lawrence.

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm cautiously optimistic (if that makes sense). I know Partisan were shite, but to win 0-3 against a boisterous Serbian support tells me they won't be intimidated by the crowd tonight.

Stop Yarmolenko cutting inside onto his left and we should be fine.

2-0 Rangers. Dessers, Lawrence.

The stadium in Belgrade was empty.

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Was it? Ha!

What gives me a bit more hope is that prior to their win in Belgrade, they hadn’t won away in Europe for over two years, and even that was after extra time - the last team they beat away in 90 minutes (before Partizan) was coincidentally Clement’s Brugge side in 2021 :lol:

They generally don’t travel well, which is why I think our last-minute goal last week gutted them so much.