Defoe doesn't fit our style

KingKirk

2 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Pretty sure with his experience defoe is good enough to adapt to the style of any team in the spfl. 

I hope so but we dont have enough quality behind him to pick out his runs in and around the box everything has been hit upto his head or in behind so far.

Hes no the type to get involved in the build hes always on the shoulder of the last defender

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

2 starts for a guy who has barely played any football this season and he’s being wrote off. Ffs.

One on one of the worst artificial surfaces known to man and the other on a frozen cow field.

The breakaway second half and his through ball to Davis shows he’s got quality and on a better surface (and bigger pitch) I think he’ll do far better.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

One on one of the worst artificial surfaces known to man and the other on a frozen cow field.

The breakaway second half and his through ball to Davis shows he’s got quality and on a better surface (and bigger pitch) I think he’ll do far better.

How that wasn’t a pen I’ll never know!

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He has shown glimpses of quality I think and needs time to learn the system we play, that’s why he’s here for 18 months. You can see from watching him that his brain thinks quicker than a few of our players, he gets his shots and passes away earlier than most because he knows what he wants to do before it gets to him.

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

We saw this last season with Cummings, a small, penalty box striker does not suit the way we play. He might end up being a useful impact sub once he gets up to speed, but until then there's a big question mark over him for me. 

Comparing Jermaine Defoe to Cummings :lol:

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think he'll do better at Ibrox than he's shown us so far.

But for now it's Morelos up front on his own by a country mile for me rather than trying to accommodate Defoe or lafferty with / instead of him.

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

He will still score some crucial goals for us I think but I'm very worried this could be a bad move. 

Both of these are more or less spot on for me. 

Games like St Mirren, Hamilton, Dundee etc at Ibrox are fine for trying out a change in the system but not now as we're heading into the business end of the campaign, it should've been tried out months ago but we couldn't because of our busy schedule with playing in Europe. 

Morelos and Defoe could be a cracking partnership but we aren't in a position atm to start tinkering with the side to suit just one player. 

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I hope so but we dont have enough quality behind him to pick out his runs in and around the box everything has been hit upto his head or in behind so far.

Hes no the type to get involved in the build hes always on the shoulder of the last defender

Absolutely this. Give him the service to be one on one & he'll be his old prolific self.