Jermain Defoe

Vision

1 hour ago, TMB said:

He's never going to kick a ball for Bournemouth again and by the time his loan deal expires in 2020 he'll be almost 38.  We're the last big club he's ever going to play for so hopefully he gives it everything and ends his career on a high.  

We’re the biggest club he’ll ever have played for mate, ive no doubt he will give his all and he will do us proud, the guy is a natural gold scorer, lived his life properly and like has been mentioned already he now knows just what Rangers are all about. Guys like him on loan are invaluable 

32 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Said a few times I thought his signing would cause Gerrard more problems than anything trying to find a way to get him in , been really impressed with him last two games though 👍🏻👌🏻

I prefer defoe to afredo if i am honest. 3 goals from amidfielder in open play at a venue we usually struggle.at. we had less posession but were able to create the space to score. Whats not to like?

9 minutes ago, MrMeeseeks said:

Morelos takes that himself all day long. I like 'em both but Defoe is definitely more of a team player, that's why he needs a partner upfront to work off of.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a striker shooting in that situation. One of our biggest problems is that we never do shoot, always playing the extra pass. If Arfield wasn't on a hattrick then Defoe was never passing that either, he wasn't even in that much of a better position by the time the ball reaches him anyway

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Reading between the lines, he's going to finish his playing career at Rangers and start his coaching career at Rangers

Brilliant backup to Morelos

Anything you’ve read in particular. Ive not seen anything.

4 hours ago, MrMeeseeks said:

Morelos takes that himself all day long. I like 'em both but Defoe is definitely more of a team player, that's why he needs a partner upfront to work off of.

perhaps related to him having around 17 years more experience than Alfredo - do agree he seems more suited to two up front.