Tavernier

rabc10000

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

Was fucking Woeful today, even more so given he is our captain. 

My 11 year old son today made a comment about how you can tell a real captain by the way they step up and he didn't today. 

Another shitebag and material loser from the warburton days and dare I say it with tin hat on one of the reasons we struggled today

Hahaha. Was waiting on this post.

Would you say he was the worst player on the park today?

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Hahaha. Was waiting on this post.

Would you say he was the worst player on the park today?

I never said that at all, but being honest as the captain he should have shown some leadership and attempted to get a hold of the game. 

Said before and say again unless he's having a purple patch and assiting almost every game he's a liability

I think he's not been at it for a while now.

Doesn't seem to be creating anywhere near as much as he used to from open play. And goals have completely escaped his game. Even last season, yes he scored a ton of penalties but he was previously a huge threat from open play, breaking into the box and shooting. That side of his game has been missing for a while now

Just now, MARK92GERS said:

Looks a shadow of the player from last season albeit no doubt Candeias not being here anymore may have had a part to play in that there chemistry down the right was exceptional 

That is a good point. 

And when Tav doesn’t play we often struggle.

Gerrard need the option of taking him off when it’s not working, remove the captaincy. Flanagan and the American should be told they have a position to fight for and Tavernier needs to show he can be more consistent. We need a statement from Gerrard that losing that way to them isn’t an option, a new captain makes a big statement.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Gerrard need the option of taking him off when it’s not working, remove the captaincy. Flanagan and the American should be told they have a position to fight for and Tavernier needs to show he can be more consistent. We need a statement from Gerrard that losing that way to them isn’t an option, a new captain makes a big statement.

Tavernier won't be replaced as captain and tbh jack aside I can't see anyone big enough to be captain although Katic must surely be a good shout

I'm one of his biggest fans. He's not started the season well but is always capable of creating something, which he has still done this season.

He almost looked like he was going through the motions at times. Normally he's always driving forward, trying to make things happen, showing hunger and desire. You'd have thought he'd be all over Boli but like many of his team mates we just weren't at it.

It was a very weird performance all round.

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

You think Polster and Flanagan will give you what Tav gives you?

Just now, rabc10000 said:

Tavernier won't be replaced as captain and tbh jack aside I can't see anyone big enough to be captain although Katic must surely be a good shout

Jack is the type of player that’ll excel with the captains role. I’d like to see him captain. 

8 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

Looks a shadow of the player from last season albeit no doubt Candeias not being here anymore may have had a part to play in that there chemistry down the right was exceptional 

He's always looked better with a winger in front of him, feel for him that he's always facing 2 men now, he's still way below what we need though 

10 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Was fucking Woeful today, even more so given he is our captain. 

My 11 year old son today made a comment about how you can tell a real captain by the way they step up and he didn't today. 

Another shitebag and material loser from the warburton days and dare I say it with tin hat on one of the reasons we struggled today

Tav a man down and a liability and Katic should be captain? Was it also your son who told you Alexis Sanchez was without a club ya slabbering mess. 

11 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

You think Polster and Flanagan will give you what Tav gives you?

We are too reliant on Tav, the ball punted to him running forward is getting to obvious.  It’s not working. Him taking corners,freekicks and penalties ahead of  players with better ability than him to do so also isn’t working.