Four Players Rangers Could Sign In The Summer

The Daily Record (I’m not posting the link or giving them the hits) have done an article today about four players we could sign in the Summer to improve us

The list was 

1. Youssouf Mulumbu

2. Nedum Onouha

3. John McGinn

4. Louis Moult 

Which four players do you think we could look to target to improve the team this Summer?

McGinn would cost around £3m and I doubt he'd even consider us even though he'd be a brilliant signing.

Dylan McGeouch should be the one we go after, he's been the stand out midfielder in Scotland this year, out of contract and already signed for us as a youngster so I'd imagine he wouldn't be against the possibility 

I like that big Kipre at Motherwell, wee bit of a rough diamond but I think with a better team and better players around him he could become a right good player, he's just broke into the Ivory Coast side squad too.

I'd go for Greame Shinnie at Aberdeen as well, he's more of a.CM these days but I'd rather have him as a LB, I think he was the besr LB in Scotland for a couple of years, even the season Andy Robertson was at Dundee Utd I thought Shinnie was the stand out, just in a very unfashionble side, he dragged ICT to the Scottish Cup in 2015 as well, he's a leader and a winner, we could do with more of those in the  squad.

1. Youssouf Mulumbu

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He would bring the physicality we've been missing in midfield. Bossed both us and the tarriors in games for killie.  Cracking signing.

2. Nedum Onouha

Games I've seen him he's been terrible. There are better options for CB.

3. John McGinn

I'd take Mcginn box-to-box midfielder we badly need. I can't see us getting him but as Hibs will not sell him to us. Reports were saying he's tarrior bound as lego's replacement. However Brenda was quoted after a game he scored twice against them in as saying Kouassi was there long term replacement for lego boy. Having spunked 3M on him they might not be interested in another 3-4M player

4. Louis Moult 

50/50 on this. He's scored goals in the league for motherwell but it's a different when your a Rangers player facing packed defenses every week. A good sqaud player but I'd rather go after oli mcburnie first.

Can't say i am fussed about any for them. Rather than Mulumba I would have thought Glen Kamara of Dundee might be a better bet - much younger and a bit more mobile. Moult would do an ok job and give us a different option but can't say he is top notch. However he would be better value than Herrera. I do hope we get better quality. The squad does need yet another big clear out. However after last few attempts I would rather we concentrated on quality. If we brought in 4 quality players that would do me. 

Out: Herrera, Morelos (hopefully £7M+), Goss, Holt, Halliday, Alves, Cardoso, Miller

Thats probably £100k p/w if you include Krancjar 

We should use that on a striker, winger, box-to-box midfielder, 2 centre back later and Jason Naismith as backup RB.

Maybe a keeper as well.

1 minute ago, kris1984 said:

Out: Herrera, Morelos (hopefully £7M+), Goss, Holt, Halliday, Alves, Cardoso, Miller

Thats probably £100k p/w if you include Krancjar 

We should use that on a striker, winger, box-to-box midfielder, 2 centre back later and Jason Naismith as backup RB.

Maybe a keeper as well.

2 centre backs have to be the priority.

29 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

McGinn would cost around £3m and I doubt he'd even consider us even though he'd be a brilliant signing.

Dylan McGeouch should be the one we go after, he's been the stand out midfielder in Scotland this year, out of contract and already signed for us as a youngster so I'd imagine he wouldn't be against the possibility 

I like that big Kipre at Motherwell, wee bit of a rough diamond but I think with a better team and better players around him he could become a right good player, he's just broke into the Ivory Coast side squad too.

I'd go for Greame Shinnie at Aberdeen as well, he's more of a.CM these days but I'd rather have him as a LB, I think he was the besr LB in Scotland for a couple of years, even the season Andy Robertson was at Dundee Utd I thought Shinnie was the stand out, just in a very unfashionble side, he dragged ICT to the Scottish Cup in 2015 as well, he's a leader and a winner, we could do with more of those in the  squad.

Dylan McGeouch ?? He's a ginger rat and also shite.

4 minutes ago, JWAC said:

Dylan McGeouch ?? He's a ginger rat and also shite.

He's no shite mate, he has been a stand out this season, in games against us he has controlled the midfield, his wee bum chum in the middle gets the plaudits tho'

7 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

I’d say he’s more a cum-white colour than ginger but aye he’s reekin’ left us first time for his ‘dream move’ to bheasts 

He signed for us from the bheggers  as well he fell out with a coach and we got him.  He isn't title winning quality though so we should avoid.

Malumbu from that list is the only one I would take.

46 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Get the thought of that Tarrier wank McGeouch so far to fuck

20 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

McGinn is pish :lol:

Need two top drawer centre backs before anything else, would like to see James McArthur here though. 

MacArthur is a good shout mate. Sure there where some rumours of him coming at the end of the season better option than McGinn for sure 

All that list shows is the Record have no clue what targets Mark Allen is working on!

We need quality not squad players! Basically, 4/5 players to become the spine of the team. If we are serious about competing, priorities should not be shipping out likes of Herrera to sign Moult, to improve options from the bench! In an ideal world, of course you want to build a squad of 22+ that can be called upon and trusted to perform, but the time to improve your bench is when your first xi is solid but lacks options/depth. When first xi is failing, absolute focus has to be on that not the squad!