Big Coulibaly

graeme_4

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I know mate, not like Croatia have ever done anything in world football or that.

Not really sure how this is particularly relevant.

International Football is no longer a bellwether of domestic capability like it used to be, how many of that team last night were representing their country at the world cup?

Just now, Bakbear said:

Not really sure how this is particularly relevant.

International Football is no longer a bellwether of domestic capability like it used to be, how many of that team last night were representing their country at the world cup?

Nah not relevant at all, not like Croatian players come from Croatia or that.

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Not sure I'm seeing the same levels of excitement others are on here but do need to remember that was his first 90 minutes since May. 

Some people appreciate the work these types of players do, others not so much.

9 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I like your debating skills. 

How many Croatian International players were in that team last night?

I am not saying that Osijek are a pub team, they are not, but they were 4th in a league that is pretty low in the domestic rankings. 

How Many of Croatias world cup runners up squad play IN Croatia? I will tell you, 2. 2 players in the whole squad play in Croatia and none for Osijek.

So I am not very sure how relevant the National teams success is to their domestic teams capabilities anymore. 

Greece, Denmark, Iceland are all National teams that have overachieved while having a pretty shit domestic league

35 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You might as well say all French 4th division teams are world class teams because that's as much relevance as what you're saying. Just because you play in a country that has a good national team, a national team in which pretty much NO players play in the domestic league and a club team which contributes absolutely nothing to that national team, does not make you a good club team... (based on that).

Also lets not pretend like Croatia are all of a sudden a top 5 national side, they aren't. They too had an easy draw and over performed by getting to the final. 

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

You might as well say all French 4th division teams are world class teams because that's as much relevance as what you're saying.

Nah, you might as well not bother saying that at all.

“Lassana hasn’t played many friendly matches but you can see he’s a machine, and he’s still only about 70 or 80 per cent fit."

That's what Gerrard said in a post match interview. Can't wait to see what he is like at 100%. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He’s monstered someone in one tackle but I remember all the stupid Dorian Goian quotes flying about after one OF game.

Need to calm it a bit.

Dont you dare speak ill of the Goian...its a well known fact him and Papac necked a bottle of Vodie each half time at the piggery then shat in their dressing room.