Club 1872 Statement

eskbankloyal

1 hour ago, Falcoholic said:

Thanks for the feedback folks.

I have taken the reference selik out and then emailed it to Adam Tomkins MSP so far. Has anyone else got any ideas where might be a good place to forward it on to?

What about the Stoke local newspaper?

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/

Owned by Trinity Mirror so might get better exposure

3 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

It's all so blindingly obvious that the provisional snp are now just a conduit to block anything to do with Rangers.

It's GCC 

Surely the most corrupt organisation .In the whole Country 

56 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Well worded piece brother.  :tu:

Maybe Stoke City FC or an organisation/charity for ex-miners might be interested to hear of the mocking of the ceremony? 

I don't do social media so wouldn't know how to link you mate. 

?

Stoke city is a great shout mate, I'm a bit of a technophobe myself and don't bother with social media either apart from this obviously, I would also try and get that onto some of Stoke city's fans forums and show these classless bastards up for what they truly are, Vermin

1 minute ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Stoke city is a great shout mate, I'm a bit of a technophobe myself and don't bother with social media either apart from this obviously, I would also try and get that onto some of Stoke city's fans forums and show these classless bastards up for what they truly are, Vermin

Great idea.

2 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

the fucking piece of human waste has now protected his Twitter account.

Being an auld cunt I'm not even sure what that means mate but if I suspect he is shitting it from the shitstorm he has stirred up and altered his settings or something then not only is he. Piece of fucking vermin but a cowardly one at that ??????????

5 hours ago, Falcoholic said:

My letter to the rat:

On the morning of July 2, 1937, 30 coal miners lost their lives in one of England’s most tragic mining accidents at the Holditch Colliery in North Staffordshire, England.

A number of fires and explosions below ground accounted for the lives of the men who had returned into the mine in an effort to rescue their colleagues who had been attempting to extinguish fires that were burning at the coal seam.

News of this tragic event reached Scotland, hardly strangers themselves to mining disasters, and, in an act of solidarity, Scottish football League Champions Rangers FC travelled to the Victoria Ground to play Stoke City in a benefit match for the victims of the disaster. While the match ended goalless, it raised a much needed £2,000 for the relief fund and families of the lost miners. For their efforts, Rangers FC were presented with a limited edition Loving Cup from Stoke City President, Sir Francis Joseph, one of only 30 that had been made to celebrate the silver Jubilee of King George V. Identical Loving Cups were presented to the 22 English First Division clubs of the time, with the others going to the British Museum and various organisations. Sir Francis Joseph had only request, that the vessel should be used in perpetuity to drink to the health of the reigning monarch prior to the club’s first home match of every year. And so it is to this day, the New Year toast is celebrated in the Blue Room at Ibrox by the assembled directors and guests of Rangers FC and the visiting team at the first home game of the year.

It is then with some surprise, and a not inconsiderable level of disgust, that I find you, Deputy Leader of Glasgow City Council, openly mocking the tradition, the ceremony and its significance on social media platform Twitter comparing it to an episode of Only an Excuse. Scotland has seen more than its fair share of mining disasters over the years since coal mining first began and there are many accounts of the horrible conditions these men worked in and the horrible deaths they suffered and the loss and suffering experienced by the families they left behind. Yet, you see fit to mock that ceremony. Could it be that your judgement is perhaps being clouded by your contempt for coal miners?

Further observations on your Twitter account would suggest an association with a certain Mr Phil Macgiollabhain . Mr Macgiollabhain, (not his real name) was once a staff journalist with An Phoblacht, a newspaper published by the IRA and author of the contemptible anti-Rangers FC blog entitled “The Incubator”. Could it be that he despises coal miners as much as you?

Mr McDonald, you and I both know that you and Mr Macgiollabhain probably don’t dislike coal miners but what we both know, and is very apparent from your Twitter account, which after your numerous vile sectarian tweets were exposed you hastily set about protecting and deleting your previous posts, is that you do share an apparent and delusional hatred of all things associated with Rangers FC and from your many Tweets, an unhealthy adoration of celtic FC. So much so that you used you abused your position at Glasgow City Council to influence your colleagues at Glasgow Life, to circumvent due process and to overturn the decision to allow a “Fan Zone” to be established at Ibrox. Perhaps you might advise me of any other entertainment licenses you have used your position to have revoked. Strange how so called “Fan Zones” would only enhance the supporters experience if they were established at Hampden and in the East of the City

I believe your behaviour is unbecoming of an individual within an organisation of Glasgow City Councils magnitude. You have been elected and installed in the exalted position of Deputy Leader of the Council that you may represent all of your constituents not just the ones who share your apparent love of a particular football team and your political party.

I look forward to your response. 

The above is a lesson to all of us written by someone I would deem as a real Rangers supporter. That's someone who cares enough about the defence of our club to actually do something about rodents like dornan. 

I count myself among those who are happy to vent their feelings on here rather being just a little more proactive regards articulating our thoughts towards those who seek to harm our institution.

I'm glad club 1872 have released the statement they have, its important to all of us but I'd also personally like to thank @Falcohoic for your efforts because its more of this we need. Much more. If enough of us make it our business to stand up and be counted for Rangers we CAN succeed in reversing what has become a very very distasteful trend. 

4 hours ago, Smile said:

Should come from the board rather than a fans group.

I agree, while it is a good statement from C1872 I really think our board should come out and say what has been going on and then the media would have to report it and it would then get some coverage, I doubt this one will, but I hope I am wrong. 

3 hours ago, Falcoholic said:

Thanks for the feedback folks.

I have taken the reference selik out and then emailed it to Adam Tomkins MSP so far. Has anyone else got any ideas where might be a good place to forward it on to?

I would try the Scottish Daily Mail and the Scottish Express mate, even the Sun might go with it. Just send out that fantastic letter to as many as you can and see what happens. :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Gman36 said:

Play it smart though. We've done nothing wrong here. Don't give them the opportunity to take the moral high ground. 

Don't need to play it smart, we just need to be truthful and state facts. 

There is no point in getting upset, shouting, looking for a fight or going mental. We are not trying to pick a fight we are making our point, it's harder for people to defend their actions or put up an arguement if yours is based on the truth.