Morelos New Contract

Lloyd

Buzzing. Can’t see us getting a penny less than £20m now. A slight, tiny, half chance we can keep him for a run at the title next season as well. Frightening what the boy could do to this league if we sort our attacking midfield out. 

1 minute ago, MARK92GERS said:

Hate to put a dampener on things but I think this almost certainly confirms he’s away imo club doing all they can to get maximum value great business though  I’ll be sad to see him go he’s been top class this season 

Likely not this summer now though.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What about from September to now? Vastly improved? Deserving?

He has vastly improved since September, he has gone from strength to strength over the course of this season without a bit of doubt.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Likely not this summer now though.

I agree mate.

reading Gerrards book just now and he talks about persuading Suarez to stay one more season when he was refusing to train etc wouldn’t be surprised if he’s convinced Morelos. Hope so.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It’s only one.

His last deal signed in September was until 2022.

That's how it works these days.  If we are looking to sell him in the summer we want to be in as strong a position as possible.  Having 4 years left on his contract and him being on a sizeable wage will put is in a strong position when negotiating.

2 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

Hate to put a dampener on things but I think this almost certainly confirms he’s away imo club doing all they can to get maximum value great business though  I’ll be sad to see him go he’s been top class this season 

Either way its good business. If he stays weve got a great striker for an extra year. If he goes its more leverage to get what hes actually worth. WIN win realyl

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He got a new deal in March last year to 2021, but then he signed a new deal in September to 2022. Now this to 2023.

Including his original sign on contract that’s four across two seasons. I’ve never heard of that before.

It's a lot but I'd say he deserves it. Also Robertson publicly saying he is worth £20m kinda backed us into a corner, if we value him at that he should be paid that, or at least as close to it as we can get.

12 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Looks more likely he will leave in summer I think. We’ve probably improved his wages and stuck in a decent release clause hopefully.

Why would we choose to put in a release clause?

They literally don't benefit a selling club at all. Release clauses are always at the request of a player.