them

MisterC

1 hour ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Turnbull has a pulled hamstring cause by fatigue from playing too many games......

Our players seem to be managing as do the players of all other Premiership Clubs....

The way they are playing is going to lend itself to players breaking down.

It’s all fine and well saying yeah go hell for leather from the first moment to the last but it’s a very taxing way to play the game and the consequence of that is going to be more injuries.

It’s a very naive way to approach the game actually. 

41 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Tom Irish was saying yesterday that, in terms of total games played this year (or this season?) in world football, Turnbull is ranked 6th. In other words, only five players in the world have played more than him. Can’t imagine that McGregor is far behind.

Add that to umpteen hamstrings and the long term signs aren’t good. Zero depth or Flange would be resting these guys.

Christ, even Rogic is playing 90 minutes these days :matron:

Goldson has played more minutes than Turnbull, and Kamara, Aribo and Tavernier are all on a par, and that's club football only. Kamara and Aribo are both internationals. It's the style of football they play that is killing them.

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I think everyone on this forum should know more than any other football fan just how important goal difference can be towards finishing second or being champions.  

It can but again it’s about game management. You have to pick and choose your moments. If you go flat out for 90 minutes every week you either burn your players out early or you end up with loads of injuries.

I think Gio is big on game management and that's maybe part of his style, I'm one that would say let's get more goals and all but maybe some times it's better to hang on to what we've got, one look over the other side will tell you something is majorly wrong, what with all the injuries.

22 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

For all the talk of injuries and so on they still haven’t dropped points in this period of having a heavily depleted squad and have even managed to win a cup . Reality is the rest of the league are shite and 9 times out of ten celtic have the opposition beat in the tunnel just now. We need to just focus on our own game just now and at times that could include going for goals when the opportunity arises .

Understand game management when we are holding onto a 1-0 or 2-1 lead 

You are right about the rest of the league, but they really are scraping the barrel these last few weeks just getting over the line, if VAR was here and utilized properly they'd be at last four points worse off, you could say that would apply to us too but they've clearly had the lions share of calls go for them.

30 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

For all the talk of injuries and so on they still haven’t dropped points in this period of having a heavily depleted squad and have even managed to win a cup . Reality is the rest of the league are shite and 9 times out of ten Celtic have the opposition beat in the tunnel just now. We need to just focus on our own game just now and at times that could include going for goals when the opportunity arises .

Understand game management when we are holding onto a 1-0 or 2-1 lead 

Spot on really shows just how terrible the rest of the league is. You would think seeing them turning up depleted would spur them on to have a go. 

We just need to keep winning and keeping pressure on them. I think over the season our game management will help us get over the line. I genuinely expect come 2nd half of the season they'll burn out. We've seen it with us in our first season under gerrard. Going full speed every game catches up eventually. 

17 hours ago, GOAT said:

Suzie McGuire sharing a tweet of her singing “fuck the huns” today at hampden.  Hopefully she gets sacked not because I’m offended at her saying fuck the huns but because she’s a dirty horrible fenian boot.  

Is she still a thing.
Thought her days were numbered when she lost her high heel on her husbands person.
A filthy fat arrogant horrible bastard. 

5 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Tom Irish was saying yesterday that, in terms of total games played this year (or this season?) in world football, Turnbull is ranked 6th. In other words, only five players in the world have played more than him. Can’t imagine that McGregor is far behind.

Add that to umpteen hamstrings and the long term signs aren’t good. Zero depth or Flange would be resting these guys.

Christ, even Rogic is playing 90 minutes these days :matron:

I’d say goldson must be close to that then.

he plays almost every minute of every game.

not in midfield granted, but he must be up there considering European games. 
No internationals mind u, but turnbull doesn’t get many minutes either for Scotland.

35 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

I’d say goldson must be close to that then.

he plays almost every minute of every game.

not in midfield granted, but he must be up there considering European games. 
No internationals mind u, but turnbull doesn’t get many minutes either for Scotland.

Turnbull puts the cones out and picks up the bibs at training on international weeks .

All he’s good for ,Fuck knows how he’s getting a shout for that squad .He’s pish .

12 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Just seen their goals on stv news. Is there really no footage along the defensive line to show the linesman’s view?? How very strange indeed.:unsure: First one especially. That said we’ll need to watch that wee diving shite come the 2nd. 

It's the first time I can remember where replays are a minimum and no still footage with lines across the field showing it either way. Strange that.

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

We should be asking for The Sash to be played over the tannoy when we next win at Hampden. If Let the People Sing is ok, then I don't see why that wouldn't be.

Then we should take the issue further when they refuse. Demand that the hypocrisy ends.

No chance they allowed the wolfetones to be played at Hampden?   Surely fucking not?

20 hours ago, HG5 said:

Pissed off as I remain with McCoist, I’m sure both he and I would be devastated if they stopped putting that wee caption ‘won 9 league cups with Rangers’ on when he’s talking.

Always used to be seen as laying down a marker for the season, getting new guys a taste of the first trophy, etc.

Given how below bang average this set of tarriers are (and injury depleted) I’m fucking furious that those bastards have been allowed to get a trophy, especially given the disarray the Greek walked into.

Win the league and it's irrelevant.