Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

On the topic of how often the teams would be playing each other I wish Scottish football would restructure so we didn’t play the same teams constantly. 

Honestly can’t be bothered seeing celtic again in a couple weeks 

Mind in 2010 we played Hamilton three times in a week.

17 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Are we, a team that’s only just started play European football again properly the last three seasons after years of being in the lower leagues actually above one of the clubs in this on the UEFA rankings? Surely no??

Just shows how fucking ridiculous their Super League is. Milan have been shite for years.

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

The money in the CL is a bit crazy, if we make the group stages getting nearly £30million is a bit mental.

They should probably lower the qualification pot for sides and make the payments for reaching the last 16 onwards a bit higher, if these sides really fancy themselves they’d back themselves to make them. 

Have to say, fans are bored of the CL because it’s the same sides over and over. Get rid of the seeding system for the group stages and it would become a watchable tournament again, as you’d get a group of death like the WC each time

These clubs can't even qualify for the CL half the times, total cowards that deserve everything that gets thrown at them going forward.

What I don't understand is surely the Juve chief could be sued, he was meant to be head of the ECA?

Just now, J-Maestro said:

These clubs can't even qualify for the CL half the times, total cowards that deserve everything that gets thrown at them going forward.

What I don't understand is surely the Juve chief could be sued, he was meant to be head of the ECA?

He’s also godfather to Ceferins daughter apparently...can see that be an interesting family get together 

12 minutes ago, The Blues said:

Current CL is boring. Teams from smaller leagues can’t compete.

Removing seedings and country splits entirely would help that - something that's partly responsible for many of the same games each year in itself.

Perez thinks the group stages are boring. This potentially lets all of their 'Super League' clubs fight it out in a couple of those groups then.

The EPL have already shat the bed and have basically stated that they wont be kicking the clubs out even if they do go off to join this league:-

He added that the clubs could "in theory" be expelled, but "no one wants to perform an act of self harm".

"What we need to find is a way to enable these two tournaments to thrive and they won’t be better off without those clubs," said Purslow.

-------------------------------

To be quite honest, if this thing is going to happen and clubs are going to remain in their own leagues as well, I would bite your hand off for it.

I say that in full mind of knowing it would be an absolute cunt move, but football is dying with this pish. Id rather it died with us going for 25 in a row.

I would not be surprised to see celtic trying to worm their way into this, and it would be an absolute disaster for us if it happened.

Edit: I dont think they would get an invite, but if other teams keep knocking them back, and they really push for it, it could happen.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The EPL have already shat the bed and have basically stated that they wont be kicking the clubs out even if they do go off to join this league:-

He added that the clubs could "in theory" be expelled, but "no one wants to perform an act of self harm".

"What we need to find is a way to enable these two tournaments to thrive and they won’t be better off without those clubs," said Purslow.

-------------------------------

To be quite honest, if this thing is going to happen and clubs are going to remain in their own leagues as well, I would bite your hand off for it.

I say that in full mind of knowing it would be an absolute cunt move, but football is dying with this pish. Id rather it died with us going for 25 in a row.

I would not be surprised to see celtic trying to worm their way into this, and it would be an absolute disaster for us if it happened.

Edit: I dont think they would get an invite, but if other teams keep knocking them back, and they really push for it, it could happen.

There is no chance of us getting an invite but if it were to happen it would be both us and them

Just now, Jeffrey said:

There is no chance of us getting an invite but if it were to happen it would be both us and them

The only slight concern I have is that their value in this particular tournament might be higher. We would be the British club in a competition with 6 English teams  they would be the Irish club.

Not to mention the fact that even their name is shared with a US basketball franchise, to rope in more "fans of the future".

Americans seem to be utter cunts and get all bleary eyed when it comes to all things Irish.

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Brought on by themselves as said plenty times before. I know some other Scottish clubs will align this with playing against us (or them), however, how do we compete with the likes of Real operating with a 1bn debt?  LBG wanted us sold for a £1 because we had a debt of £30m that was reducing each year yet these clubs are allowed to buy buy buy and spend silly cash on wages but then compete against us on an international basis without any real hope. They should suffer the same situation as we faced 10years ago for failing to manage your financial position appropriately. 

Perez’s coverage on Spanish TV was an embarrassment but it tells you where their mindset is. We’re Real, we have piles of debt so fuck the lot of you and we’ll sort ourselves out. You know what, just do one then.  Audiences are going down, interest is going down, well that’s because the product you negotiated is of no interest to anyone, the same teams are pretty much in the last 8/16 every year now and no one actually cares. The EL.....far more competitive all round. 

The money is nowhere near the same level, but we can compete in the EL as do many clubs of our size, albeit I fucking despise the CL losers dropping into that - even though that’s how we got to Manchester. 

You can debate the whys, what’s etc. but every one of them needs money, they are all technically insolvent businesses and grasping at straws to not have to sell big players and enter 10years of frustration building themselves back up.  Maybe that’s the reality they need to face. 

Good post mate. 👍

12 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

@born a blue nose

I hate to gloat and say I called it...