Sun running a story about racist chants on a supporters bus upto Dingwall

j1mgg

David Walliams is ok when he dresses up as Ting Ting though :tu:

The difference between banter and racism is a constantly moving goalpost.

I doubt you can say anything about anyone that couldn't be construed as offensive to someone - especially if they are trying to point score.  I think we all have a right to be offensive (to a degree) but not right to discriminate - there is a world of difference.  People try to muddy the waters when you are being offensive to someone of a different race.  It's ok for one of them to call Forrest the No Neck Monster but not ok to mention the appearance of another player's eyes.

It's a minefield.    

12 minutes ago, King Jela said:

They raped kids and have had it swept under the carpet for years, you're as bad as a racist if you remind them of this. That's basically what they're saying. 

Exactly mate they’ve turned it on us, no prizes for who’s behind this, he’s a wee snp creepy cooncillor. They are in full flow plus Glasgow live have dug an old article about the Billy Boys in the last couple of days just happens to be the week leading up to the game🙄stoking more anti Protestant hate. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

FWIW, this was also deemed acceptable on British TV at the time:

image.png.f6b19aea61968e5ce9c0e9d5dceec04b.png

Exactly. Unacceptable now.

Still not as bad as calling a black person a monkey though.

Racism is not binary, the scale moves.

Even looking at things like Team America, they would probably not get away with the Kim Jun Ill stuff just because of the voice they use now.

If we want to go down this route, then you have to accept that things are completely binary. Acceptable/Completely unacceptable.

We will have to ban anyone on here permanently that uses the terms 'pape', 'fenian' or 'tarrier'. Same across the road if they use the 'hun/orange bastard' terms. These are unacceptable and would not make it onto TV today. Are you honestly expecting me to believe that these are as bad as calling a black person a 'monkey'?

Like I say, I dont like to use these terms anyway as I think they are crude and offensive, but they are not on the same scale of racism as calling a black person a monkey.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

The boys were stupid and will pay the cost of that, but this seems to be treated as more abhorrent than a first team scum player actually grooming an under age child, by the filthy club and the scummy media.

👍🏻
DF78A6AE-842B-4E47-8AD6-B26F069DA92A.jpeg.2a1e33f30bb787d4176055877e49ee1e.jpeg

5 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

End of the day what they’ve done is wrong and it paints the club in a bad light. The idiot filming and uploading has a lot to answer for, but in this day and age the boys need to be smarter. Behind closed doors I’d be surprised if most of us hadn’t done something deemed offensive, but in the social media age there is no privacy when you’re in larger groups and they only really have themselves to blame.

The club have to condemn it in the strongest possible way, we’ve got the Everyone, Anyone campaign and I know a few of our East Asian fan base and they’ll be embarrassed by this. Not so much the song, but the eyes - completely out of order.

PR stunt or not, and it pains me to actually put this into words, but I was genuinely impressed by Scott Brown’s reaction to Kamara’s racial abuse last season - I’d be disappointed if we didn’t show Kyogo some support on the pitch next weekend. I dislike that lot in the strongest possible terms, but you cannot racially abuse someone and then take the moral high ground. 

Scott Brown could have done that in the changing room, 

made sure he was in front of the camera. 

10 minutes ago, The Sinner said:

Scott Brown could have done that in the changing room, 

made sure he was in front of the camera. 

To be fair to him that was in March and we would have likely got changed in the concourse or a cabin. He wouldn’t have been allowed in.

10 hours ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Times and attitudes have definitely changed when it comes to carry on like this , I remember the presenters on ITV laughing at a Nakamura ate my dog banner during one of our euro runs , would get crucified for that now 

Yep pretty sure it was Peter Drury and Jim Beglin had a little chuckle 🤭 

42 minutes ago, Smile said:

The boys were stupid and will pay the cost of that, but this seems to be treated as more abhorrent than a first team scum player actually grooming an under age child, by the filthy club and the scummy media.

let’s not forget he got caught not once with racist behaviour but twice yet he was turned into the poster boy both for club and country 🤬🤬

42 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Exactly. Unacceptable now.

Still not as bad as calling a black person a monkey though.

Racism is not binary, the scale moves.

Even looking at things like Team America, they would probably not get away with the Kim Jun Ill stuff just because of the voice they use now.

If we want to go down this route, then you have to accept that things are completely binary. Acceptable/Completely unacceptable.

We will have to ban anyone on here permanently that uses the terms 'pape', 'fenian' or 'tarrier'. Same across the road if they use the 'hun/orange bastard' terms. These are unacceptable and would not make it onto TV today. Are you honestly expecting me to believe that these are as bad as calling a black person a 'monkey'?

Like I say, I dont like to use these terms anyway as I think they are crude and offensive, but they are not on the same scale of racism as calling a black person a monkey.

I completely disagree and maybe I’m in a minority but I don’t go down the road that one type of verbal abuse is worse than another and all should be condemned with equal waiting otherwise that is discrimination in itself and then it’s open to an abuse of interpretation and point scoring.

Abusing someone by calling them a black, Protestant, catholic, paki, English, gypsy, gay, tranny bastard etc etc etc etc is all abuse and the fact it’s all wrong is binary.

Maybe the guys on the bus should get put on a sense over sectarianism course by their employers rather than the default of sacking them and perhaps the club can give them a tour of the stadium, kind of similar to what the east end club done for their Amsterdam rioters 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

When that comes to being racist, thats no bad thing.

Going to disagree here, yes of course it is a bad thing, it was indeed a jest and I am in no way condoning this behaviour but, and it is a big but, there has been no one losing their life here,  there has been no granny robbed of her life savings, no one has been beaten up. 

What we have is a moment of stupidity, I even doubt in every day life these guys are anywhere near racist ( could well be wrong on that score as I don't know them). What we have is trial by social media  where nothing can be seen as a bit of misguided fun and people lose their jobs over it.

It is not worthy of prison it is not worthy of any anything other than "you are a fucking idiot, don't do it again". Slap on the wrists and move on. 

We need to be able to move on otherwise progress never happens.

Educate and move on. 

3 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Going to disagree here, yes of course it is a bad thing, it was indeed a jest and I am in no way condoning this behaviour but, and it is a big but, there has been no one losing their life here,  there has been no granny robbed of her life savings, no one has been beaten up. 

What we have is a moment of stupidity, I even doubt in every day life these guys are anywhere near racist ( could well be wrong on that score as I don't know them). What we have is trial by social media  where nothing can be seen as a bit of misguided fun and people lose their jobs over it.

It is not worthy of prison it is not worthy of any anything other than "you are a fucking idiot, don't do it again". Slap on the wrists and move on. 

Educate and move on. 

It's harming the clubs name.

12 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I completely disagree and maybe I’m in a minority but I don’t go down the road that one type of verbal abuse is worse than another and all should be condemned with equal waiting otherwise that is discrimination in itself and then it’s open to an abuse of interpretation and point scoring.

Abusing someone by calling them a black, Protestant, catholic, paki, English, gypsy, gay, tranny bastard etc etc etc etc is all abuse and the fact it’s all wrong is binary.

So you believe that if someone on here who calls Griffiths something like a fenian bastard should be punished the same as someone who calls Eduard the 'N' word?

The first would happen frequently, the second would be rightfully and swiftly called completely unacceptable and the poster would be banned for being a complete scumbag.

Edit: Thankfully I seriously doubt that anyone on here would ever call a black player that.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So is half the songs sung by the fantastic away support yesterday if you listen to all the bed wetters of the world 

Would be nice if other clubs were treated as we are

It's big bad Rangers again, just gives the hater's more chance to stick the boot in.

9 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Educate and move on. 

Who was hurt when Kudela called Kamara a monkey? Who was hurt when Morelos was being racially abused? Who was hurt by Jackson's shameful column full of cocaine references? 

Being racist isn't 'misguided fun'. How do you 'educate' when something that is clearly racist is described as 'misguided fun'? 

They might not be racists but the fact they've happily engaged in racially abusing someone on camera would tend to point to them probably being racist. 

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So is half the songs sung by the fantastic away support yesterday if you listen to all the bed wetters of the world 

Would be nice if other clubs were treated as we are

Probably why the club keep telling fans it isn't welcome or wanted.