Covid rumours - NOW CONFIRMED

GOAT

4 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Andy haliday was saying on Clyde thay he was due to get his second jab the day before they play hibs but he's posponed it becaise he felt a bit unwell after the first one. I wonder if there is any insight into why some people react worse to the vaccines than others. Could it be genetic or perhaps the ones who have already had the infection are the ones who struggle ... and if so, and if they have the best form of immunity, should they even be getting the vaccine?

Of the dozen or so that I have regular contact with about half got a 'felt unwel'l reactiomn after first jab - none of them had infections that they were aware off most of them over 50s though. One 36yo female I know  actually felt worse after the second jab - so who the christ knows. I never got anything worse  than a slight sore arm after the first one, nothing after the second. 

Anyway, we  have enough talent and training in the squad to certainly defeat the mob tomorrow and Sunday. If we don't it'll be down to a lack of concentration and character. 

No excuses.

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

Yeah I'm not too worried about McCrorie in goals. He's obviously not as good as McGregor and doesn't have the experience of McLaughlin but he has roughly 100 league games behind him.

We also have a history of keepers coming in from nowhere and doing alright.

Just cause you mentioned Kelly I have to say that John Hughes was praising him to no end on open goal last week.

Yeah I’ve seen Hughes praising Kelly last season and he got plenty of game time but when I checked some shitty Ross County forum none of them seemed to rate him at all saying all he did is pass sideways and never really create anything.

Saying that if people are reading this forum at varying times you could probably read that about the likes of Aribo & Davis aswell.

29 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Hardly weeks ago. 8 weeks from mid June takes you to mid August. Last week at the earliest. My son went back after 8 weeks and they wouldn't give him a second jab. Told him to come back in 2 weeks as the 8 weeks is a minimum. 

2 weeks easy, if they wanted to be be, it's now 25th August.

Some walk in places you can even get your 2nd at 6 weeks in London. 

Though all irrelevant as it's Scotland, and the SNP are a shambles.

21 minutes ago, BrotherTJ said:

Of the dozen or so that I have regular contact with about half got a 'felt unwel'l reactiomn after first jab - none of them had infections that they were aware off most of them over 50s though. One 36yo female I know  actually felt worse after the second jab - so who the christ knows. I never got anything worse  than a slight sore arm after the first one, nothing after the second. 

Anyway, we  have enough talent and training in the squad to certainly defeat the mob tomorrow and Sunday. If we don't it'll be down to a lack of concentration and character. 

No excuses.

Because these jabs have been so wide spread it's a wonderful opportunity for us to improve our understanding of how the immune system and vaccines interact and the next time there is a pandemic we will all be able to get an individual vaccine taylored to our needs.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Thought Kent was fucked. 

Threads fucking wild with info

Aye he is self isolating, bastard. Ah well Arfield in and Aribo/Hagi to join Morelos. Could be worse but it’s not great.

57 minutes ago, BrotherTJ said:

No excuses.

I definitely felt the second jab affected me more than the first, the jabs didn't stop me contracting it though 😂

8 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I definitely felt the second jab affected me more than the first, the jabs didn't stop me contracting it though 😂

Supposedly the astra mainly affects people on the first jab and the Pfizer affects people on their second jabs. 

I had no side effects on my second jab. 

9 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Nup, but I'm guessing you didn't end up in hospital seriously ill, which was the main purpose of the vaccines.  What age group are you?

13 minutes ago, BrotherTJ said:

Nup, but I'm guessing you didn't end up in hospital seriously ill, which was the main purpose of the vaccines.  What age group are you?

I'm 42, tested positive on Friday 16th July, woke up on the Sunday morning around 4am with a fever, I took couple paracetamol and went back to sleep, woke feeling alot better and just waited out the rest of my isolation, sorry for going off topic.

If they are just close contacts then it’s good news and probably in for Sunday 

Self-isolating

If you are fully vaccinated, the advice on self-isolating for close contacts of positive cases has changed. 

You do not need to self-isolate if:

you have no COVID-19 symptoms and 

you have received a negative PCR test result since being advised that you are a close contact of a positive case

You must self-isolate while awaiting the result of the PCR test result. If symptoms develop at any stage, you must self-isolate immediately and book a PCR test

If you are not fully vaccinated you must self-isolate for 10 days if identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive, and book a PCR test if you develop symptoms.

Different story if you’re tested positive 

If you return a positive test result, you will still need to isolate for 10 days.

The symptoms of COVID-19 are new: 

continuous cough

fever/high temperature (37.8C or greater)

loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste (anosmia)

8 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Different story if you’re tested positive 

If you return a positive test result, you will still need to isolate for 10 days.

The symptoms of COVID-19 are new: 

continuous cough

fever/high temperature (37.8C or greater)

loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste (anosmia)

Interesting that, my youngest has had temps of 37.8c and 37.9c and  nothing is done. They won't touch here until she hits 38c. 

Why is 37.8 classed as a fever for covid purposes but not in any other situation??? 

14 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

If they are just close contacts then it’s good news and probably in for Sunday 

Self-isolating

If you are fully vaccinated, the advice on self-isolating for close contacts of positive cases has changed. 

You do not need to self-isolate if:

you have no COVID-19 symptoms and 

you have received a negative PCR test result since being advised that you are a close contact of a positive case

You must self-isolate while awaiting the result of the PCR test result. If symptoms develop at any stage, you must self-isolate immediately and book a PCR test

If you are not fully vaccinated you must self-isolate for 10 days if identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive, and book a PCR test if you develop symptoms.

Great news if we can get players back for Sunday. 

Just watch but as the lunatics on the other side shout conspiracy when it happens. 

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Interesting that, my youngest has had temps of 37.8c and 37.9c and  nothing is done. They won't touch here until she hits 38c. 

Why is 37.8 classed as a fever for covid purposes but not in any other situation??? 

Not sure Rab but that’s straight from the Scottish website