Fashion Sakala

KeyserSoze

Based solely on the minutes he's had so far, he has looked utterly abysmal.

So far - thank fuck he wasn't a big money signing.

Few of the signs have been good - poor close control, poor shooting, poor positionally, doesn't want to run in behind, isn't slow but not lightening quick either etc.

Of course he has plenty of time to bed in and in the weeks and months to come he may start to show more but I don't think it's unfair to judge how he's looked up to now. What would be unfair would be to keep that judgment and be on his back even if he actually starts to improve loads and start to show he's a player.

40 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Pish. Remember we only get to see a fraction of their ability on occasion

The coaching team see them most days.  Hence the fleeting subs appearances and ultimately a loan spell. Surely after nearly two seasons Itten should have Morelos/Roofe shitting it. 

which he didn’t. I think Sakala is heading the same way. 
I hope not btw but there’s defo a wee doubt. 

Itten hasnt been here two seasons 

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Based solely on the minutes he's had so far, he has looked utterly abysmal.

So far - thank fuck he wasn't a big money signing.

Few of the signs have been good - poor close control, poor shooting, poor positionally, doesn't want to run in behind, isn't slow but not lightening quick either etc.

Of course he has plenty of time to bed in and in the weeks and months to come he may start to show more but I don't think it's unfair to judge how he's looked up to now. What would be unfair would be to keep that judgment and be on his back even if he actually starts to improve loads and start to show he's a player.

Unfair imo. He needs more time to show what he can do imo.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Him and Wright showed a lot of good energy today but that’s a bare minimum. 

Quality wise they both have some way to go.

Agreed on the current ability shown by FS, but he has shown glimpses and considering Barasic was murder first season, il give the guy some slack. His link up play in the latter stages of the first half when the goalie fumbled his shot was pretty decent. Promising signs..

I honestly think if he was in the team last season when we were playing with confidence, pace and intensity he'd get a lot of goals. 

Unfortunately he's came into a team that for whatever is lacking confidence, slow and take too long on the ball which allows the opposition to deal with us easily.

He's clearly not someone who will get loads of touches of the ball in a game but you can see he'd be able to get on the end of things and be an asset on the counter attack or the transition between defence and attack.

Just now, bluenoz said:

There is a bit of criticism flying about in regards to Sakala & Wright. For me, Roofe is getting off scot-free. Other than a couple of tap-ins he had contributed little this season.

I think Roofe had s good wee run for a few games last season but other than that I've no been that impressed with him overall.

2 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

He had a great chance second half to put the keeper under real pressure and absolutely blew it by firing it wide.

Quality strikers make the keeper at least work in situations like that.  

He lacks composure in they situations, and just lashes at it, as he did against R. Madrid, luckily that one went in though. 

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

His first touch will always see him punished in this league against the knuckle draggers. Needs to get upto speed and fast.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't pick up a few sore ones soon, a clumsy first touch will give the hammer throwers up here carte blanche to dive into ankle breaking challenges without reprisal when "the ball is there to be won". His best attribute is clearly his pace, whether he really has the chance to show it much though with the way we play is up for debate right now. 

41 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

Agreed on the current ability shown by FS, but he has shown glimpses and considering Barasic was murder first season, il give the guy some slack. His link up play in the latter stages of the first half when the goalie fumbled his shot was pretty decent. Promising signs..

The one thing that needs sorted immediately is his turning into players and letting the ball run away from him. He'll get hurt if he continues doing that.