*****Official Dundee v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And results elsewhere today show why ultimately 3 points are all that really matters.

The performances will come. I'll take the points all day, every day.

Got to agree, at some point our performances will come good but as long as we are picking points up just now that's all that matters. I do worry about Europe tho as I don't think these performances will get us through the group. 

29 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Got to agree, at some point our performances will come good but as long as we are picking points up just now that's all that matters. I do worry about Europe tho as I don't think these performances will get us through the group. 

I agree.

It's important financially too, but not as much as the league is this year. We keep winning in the league and everything in the EL and cups is a bonus. The league, CL qualification = successful season.

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

we are going to have to buck our ideas up, thats us 6 points ahead with a possible £40 million at stake. we need to pull our heads out of oue arses, we've played crap this season, maybe playing at 60 percent and were still six ahead. we could finish these cunts with this champions league money. 

Europa groups stages achieved and the main thing now is the league with the cups just a Brucey bonus🙏

9 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Yesterday was much worse from a performance perspective. 

We are brutal to watch just now and I think something drastic needs to happen very soon. Sparta will tear us a new arse if we play like that again. I actually fell asleep watching the game onscreen yesterday. It was a fucking brutal ordeal to watch.

43 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

We are brutal to watch just now and I think something drastic needs to happen very soon. Sparta will tear us a new arse if we play like that again. I actually fell asleep watching the game onscreen yesterday. It was a fucking brutal ordeal to watch.

Things defo need to improve and fast in terms of performances.
Our next 7 games are equally massive I think, for all different reasons:

Sparta (A)

Hivs (H) : 2nd

Hearts (H) : 3rd

Brondby (H)

St Midden (A) : 8th

Aberdeen (H) : 7th

Motherwell (A) : 4th

Tarriers have Hivs, Motherwell & Aberdeen to travel to in the same period.

Yesterday was our worse performance of the season and it was actually an outlier in terms of chances created. First game domestically all season we've conceded more chances than we created.

We'll be fine once we start scoring more, and we will.

It's also September weekend and we're 6 points ahead of our only real competition if you can even count them as that this season.

On 25/09/2021 at 16:16, Drumloyal said:

Great save but just get tae fuck Goldson, absolutely pish.

More interested in running his contract down than playing for the team. 

hes a wanker, swans about like beckenbauer, should have been sold by 31rst August, no intrest and has went back to 1 mistake a game goldson, sickening we are allowing him to think hes better than what he is and letting him run down his contract.

3 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

hes a wanker, swans about like beckenbauer, should have been sold by 31rst August, no intrest and has went back to 1 mistake a game goldson, sickening we are allowing him to think hes better than what he is and letting him run down his contract.

:lol: 

6 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

sold and replaced, you think its acceptable hes fannied about a contract off for for 4 months now?

You think hes switched on and fully committed than he was last season?

Still find it funny that he’s a wanker and thinks he is better than he is

On 25/09/2021 at 19:06, BillySimpson said:

Our  last three visits there in the league have been two defeats and a draw , not been an easy ground for us in recent years.

All games are difficult unless our players make them easy by skill and effort.  When were these 3 games to which you refer?

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

Do you not think that he and the rest of the defence are being tested this season because there is no press from midfield and forwards where last season they strolled games because we dominated games by not allowing opposition posssession and quickly won the ball back when we lost it?

Our squad really need to get a finger out. Scraping through games won’t last and dropped points is a certainty if performances don’t improve. CL automatic entry for the winners this season is huge - we’ve got a big rebuilding job coming next season and need that cash to stay ahead of them. They win the league and it sets us back massively.

It’s brutal how much the level of performance has dropped from only a few months ago 

8 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Do you not think that he and the rest of the defence are being tested this season because there is no press from midfield and forwards where last season they strolled games because we dominated games by not allowing opposition posssession and quickly won the ball back when we lost it?

So what you are saying is that they have always been shite and last season was a fluke? 

8 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Maybe so but there is absolutely no excuse for his and others defending of simple punts up the park.

just awful so far.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So what you are saying is that they have always been shite and last season was a fluke? 

Just a different attitude with more intensity, effort, consistency, faster tempo and better composure last season. This season reminds me of post Dubai in the previous seasons.

2 hours ago, Swagger said:

Our squad really need to get a finger out. Scraping through games won’t last and dropped points is a certainty if performances don’t improve. CL automatic entry for the winners this season is huge - we’ve got a big rebuilding job coming next season and need that cash to stay ahead of them. They win the league and it sets us back massively.

It’s brutal how much the level of performance has dropped from only a few months ago 

Hopefully the return of Borna & Jack will give us a boost, not just for what they can do on the pitch, but also to motivate those currently with the jersey. Like everyone else though, I am frustrated at the apparent lack of motivation at the moment, puzzling given what the potential rewards are for a successful title defence.