*****Official Champions V Hibs Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Just listened to Gerrard's pre-match press conference and he has just confirmed his dissatisfaction with the past 2 transfer windows IMO. He hinted at it in the summer but just said it again there.

Concerning.

He’s as guilty as anyone for wasting money. Also hasn’t delivered the ‘buy low, sell high’ plan yet.

We clearly front loaded for 55, was part of the deal. Can’t continue to run at a massive loss. 

57 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

hmm…. Interesting what Gerrard says about not spending in the last two windows. Probably just referring to less income due to covid not helping us buy anyone. 

Considering he has barely sold anyone for any money since arriving he should be thankful the board didnt force the likes of morelos move to lille and others 

Seems more of a deflection tactic to take away from the fact he is in charge so either what we are watching is his system and his instructions, or he is telling them to do something else and they arent listening, but he doesn't drop them, well not all of them

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Just listened to Gerrard's pre-match press conference and he has just confirmed his dissatisfaction with the past 2 transfer windows IMO. He hinted at it in the summer but just said it again there.

Concerning.

He's a victim of our success in Europe the past two seasons. We have punched well above our weight and he has done a remarkable job having us compete against, and beat teams, like Porto, Braga, PSV etc. But now there seems to be an expectation that he can do that indefinitely without investing in players than improve out first 11 and it's probably unreasonable to assume that. 

We haven't signed a single player who improves the quality of our starting 11 in the past two transfer windows and it shows.

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

He's a victim of our success in Europe the past two seasons. We have punched well above our weight and he has done a remarkable job having us compete against, and beat teams, like Porto, Braga, PSV etc. But now there seems to be an expectation that he can do that indefinitely without investing in players than improve out first 11 and it's probably unreasonable to assume that. 

We haven't signed a single player who improves the quality of our starting 11 in the past two transfer windows and it shows.

I said to my son wouldn't mind seeing a list of Ross Wilsons signings ( can't be bothered checking it myself ) to see if his good signings outnumber his bad or vis versa 

19 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Its also unreasonable to assume the board are sitting on a treasure chest willing to spend at every window, if he wanted money spent on players then he should have done more to see off Malmo, or even sold a player and brought funds in that way to freshen up but instead we have kept the nucleus of the squad even signed half of them up on new contracts. 

Needs to look closer to home, tactics are predictable pish now, zero creativity at all and still to make a sub or tweak that changes the game when it needs done. 

I don’t think a man who spent millions on Grezda, re-signed Lafferty, Hastie, Stewart, Jones, Andy King, Barker, Polster can have any complaints considering off the top of my head he’s spent £30million. 

I’m not particularly a fan of the board but for him to be annoyed at spending in the past 2 transfer windows. He would know that a point where less spending would happen, even moreso with Covid. It’s his and the players fault they couldn’t get CL football nobody elses and that has had an effect on spending as well.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I don’t think a man who spent millions on Grezda, re-signed Lafferty, Hastie, Stewart, Jones, Andy King, Barker, Polster can have any complaints considering off the top of my head he’s spent £30million. 

I’m not particularly a fan of the board but for him to be annoyed at spending in the past 2 transfer windows. He would know that a point where less spending would happen, even moreso with Covid. It’s his and the players fault they couldn’t get CL football nobody elses and that has had an effect on spending as well.

Aren’t most the names you mentioned free transfers? And Andy King was a loan. It’s clear Gerrard didn’t get who he wanted in the summer

6 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Aren’t most the names you mentioned free transfers? And Andy King was a loan. It’s clear Gerrard didn’t get who he wanted in the summer

Well exactly if most of them were loans he’s still spent close to £30m if not more on transfer fees alone. Like I said I’m not a huge fan of the board but he’s been backed pretty handsomely and if he and the management can’t plan for having less than expected cash for transfers when all and sundry can see that Covid would’ve had an effect then that’s his problem. Him and players failure to reach the CL would’ve also impacted massively too so he has to shoulder some of the blame for a poor transfer budget. 

47 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Play with intensity we'll be fine. Play the way we have been we might struggle.

Mcgregor

Patterson Goldson Balogun Bassey

Lundstram Kamara

Wright Roofe Sakala

Morelos

I made the same point yesterday. 

People seem to be thinking that it equates to fearing Hibs but it is just being realistic in recognising that if we don't match them for intensity it's not hard to see a potential defeat.

Win the second half against a ten man shite Malmo team and you would have gotten some money Steve. It goes both ways.

I thought for a while, he doesn't seem content and now he has expressed his frustration.

Winning the league is now imperative for the obvious financial gain. The league starts on Sunday.

1 hour ago, EMRFC said:

Why should he have got who he wanted, he's not playing football manager where you can just edit a clubs finances, the last owner/head honcho who gave a manager millions to spend when we didn't have it ended up passing the reigns over to the bank who slashed our budgets big time for the 3 years afterwards, even when we had CL money coming in 

Our accounts for last season are going to be every bit as bad as can be, gerrards lucky the board didn't tell him to sell just to get the wage bill down nevermind to buy other players

Bad two points dropped at home to Motherwell, we need full points on Sunday because as said a few days ago, our next quarter is a bit of a cunt.  I know one game at a time blah blah but we need the point on the board now.