Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

Don't get the fuss over GVB to be honest and he wouldn't get near the funding that he did at Feyenoord.

You just need to look at his time at Guangzhou to see how did with limited funds.

Cannot possibly judge him on his time in the shithole Chinese Super League during a pandemic.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

Sour as fuck about him now.

55 was the most important title in our history, before this one. I’ll be forever grateful and it’ll never take away from the memories of lifting that trophy but to leave in November like this is unacceptable to say the least.

Absolutely bogging behaviour.

Season has looked precarious since the summer the way we’ve been playing - now we’ve lost the manager and staff that have spent 4 years implementing the system the players are stuck on.

This has all the ingredients for disaster. I dread to think of how things look for us at Christmas.

I get this, but if he was having a shit run of results we'd want him gone - in fact many on here have called for his head a number of times - it's the same with players. Bitter pill to swallow but we've just got to suck it up and move forward. 

6 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Don't get the fuss over GVB to be honest and he wouldn't get near the funding that he did at Feyenoord.

You just need to look at his time at Guangzhou to see how did with limited funds.

He averaged about 10 million pounds a season whilst there...

Meanwhile transfers out far exceeded 10 million on average. 

Seems to have done pretty well in that regard 

Just now, esquire8 said:

2 of the top 4 are away with Gerrard. Says it all.

Seen Beale being mentioned as being away but no McAllister? 

Think he'd be something the board would see as a good compromise, let Gerrard go but keep McAllister on to the summer at least

Just now, Siam69 said:

We were a basketcase when he came, an absolute basketcase. That bad that even Deadly Del knocked us back.

Gerrard has overseen us in some great results and runs in Europe, made us Champions and we're 4 points clear.

Sure he could have done better in cups, sure we could be playing better just now, but he's done great for us, indeed we're victims of our own success, as in clubs wanting our Manager.

Timing is bad, very bad, but it is what it is. 

I think it's a cert he's away, sadly, and it does leave a bad taste, but thanks for what you done for us.

My fear is players not buying into a new Manager if it's someone like Mcinnes.

My thoughts exactly.