Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Just now, scottyc06 said:

Russell Martin - Nope, should remain in the banter years! 

Steven Davis - the only connection to our management should be his song! 

Frank Lampard - Went to a Rangers game once, the only reason he is being linked with us.

Alex Neil - Tarrier

David Martindale - Could transport the gear for our European aways.

GVB - Won’t touch us with our financial state.

leaves us McCann, McInnes or Jack Ross 🙄

Or Ross wilson does his job properly and we’re not looking at lazy appointments like above?

3 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

For what it’s worth, I think Russell Martin is a very good young manager.

Good enough for us at this time? Hmmmm.

He’s very highly rated as a coach down south but again it comes down to is having a reputation for playing nice football enough to manage us?

It's the timing that pisses me of. Leaving mid-season with some huge games on the way doesn't sit well at all. 

End of the day we move on now, no man is bigger than the club. 

Wilson better already have the wheels moving on his replacement.

The whole point of the DOF is to be prepared for changes like this. 

It better not be shite like mcinnes coming in. He shouldn't even be in the running after last time.

Preference for me would be either Gio or lampard.

Gio did well at feyenoord winning trophies. Lampard I felt first season at Chelsea did well with transfer ban and introducing young players into the team.

3 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Or Ross wilson does his job properly and we’re not looking at lazy appointments like above?

100% In all seriousness.. if Ross Wilson doesn’t have a list ready to approach for interview the minute he leaves us then he’s not done his job!

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

It's the timing that pisses me of. Leaving mid-season with some huge games on the way doesn't sit well at all. 

End of the day we move on now, no man is bigger than the club. 

Wilson better already have the wheels moving on his replacement.

The whole point of the DOF is to be prepared for changes like this. 

It better not be shite like mcinnes coming in. He shouldn't even be in the running after last time.

Preference for me would be either Gio or lampard.

Gio did well at feyenoord winning trophies. Lampard I felt first season at Chelsea did well with transfer ban and introducing young players into the team.

Unless it was Liverpool it was always likely to be mid season. Most jobs for clubs like Villa come up when a manager is sacked mid season.

I think people are a bit unrealistic about all of this. Personally, if he goes he goes with my thanks for getting us back competitive, and back winning.

Just now, JM1872 said:

Correct mate, jumped at the chance of his dream job, though dare I say it Chelsea may have seen it as a win/win given the transfer embargo they had at the time of appointment.

Yeah alot of circumstances fell into place for him to land it, I just think it damaged him in the longer term, I think he may come back as a manager but he's still got a lot to prove, I just think we need experience for our next appointment.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Possibly, but to do so I think he would expect to get the same kind of backing that Gerrard got, and I dont think we can offer that at this moment.

Suppose we can but ask. Give him some funds in January but caveat it with the chance of more if we win the league and get in to the champions league. Also give him a percentage of all sales to be reinvested back into the squad.

Just now, scottyc06 said:

100% In al seriousness.. if Ross Wilson doesn’t have a list ready to approach for interview the minute he leaves us then he’s not done his job? 

Exactly mate. This is why we have a DOF in the first place. Be prepared so if something like manager changes we can get move quickly and have a replacement ready to go. 

Just hope it's not some of the name being linked. Guys like mcinnes, Neil or Martin aren't good enough.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

If people are going to get worked up about everybody we are ‘strongly’ linked with it’s going to be a long few weeks for folk.

Any early rumours mate?

Real ones not Martin Fowler