Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

There are a lot of rhetorical options between "I fucking hate it here" and 'I'm so happy it's fucking stupid to even ask if I might leave'. He might've shown a little judgement and picked one of them. 

If he says anything other than 'I'm happy here and have no plans to leave' he instantly has the Rangers fans (and board) on his back.

Tbh were a very attractive proposition for a new prospective manager.

still in Europe prob after Xmas if things go our way. 

league cup semi coming up 

4 points infront and champions league football if we win the league this year. 

this should be enough to entice a decent manager. 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Everyone who’s angry that we’ve not said ‘aye we’re getting GVB in pronto’ in that statement needs a wee lie down. 

The Board & backroom team will be working on it. They’re not sitting about doing nothing. But it doesn’t happen overnight. Short-term pain for long-term gain. 

Chill out. 

I'd not be so confident tbh.

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

Obsessing with Liverpool will be his downfall 

Unless he has some concrete promise that he is taking over from klopp then nothing is guaranteed and it would be a mental agreement on Liverpool’s part  . Post klopp Liverpool are going to look at another elite level manager . If Gerrard is languishing around mid table with Villa he isn’t going to be their go to. 

I think going to Villa will be his downfall.  

Bang average team that will never break the into the top tier or challenge for the premiership . Perhaps a Europa Cup place on a good day .

11 minutes ago, beararse said:

Imagine leaving this for a mid to lower half team in the EPL.

Thanks for 55 and transforming the club Stevie G.

It was glorious.

Pity your timing, like your record in the domestic cups, is atrocious.

Onwards and upwards Rangers.

That video still makes the hairs on my arm stand up. 

Away at the first opportunity in the middle of the season with a crucial semi final and European game due next 

Tells us all we need to know no different from the usual football mercenaries 

Do not wish him well in the slightest, will be rooting for whoever plays Aston Villa from now on 

7 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I wonder if the way he's left the players standing there holding their dicks will hopefully make them think twice about jumping ship to join him at Villa. 

I shouldn’t worry - if they’re talented enough, they aren’t fast enough or fit enough.

If they’re fit & fast enough, they aren’t talented enough.

5 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

good!! i hope it pisses them off and opens their eyes that all gerrard cared about was gerrard and galvanises the team and when he comes in for kent and aribo they tell him to fuck off

Hopefully he phoned Brandon to say goodbye personally then….

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

If he says anything other than 'I'm happy here and have no plans to leave' he instantly has the Rangers fans (and board) on his back.

Nah, I'm not having that, because there's a media-training 101 way of 'saying enough to toe the company line' (which we've all got used to managers and players doing prior to a move) and then there's what he did. It didn't need to be that emphatic and that's what makes it deceitful. 

6 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

What the fuck has being English got to do with it. This is Rangers Media not the fuckin National.

English players are mercenaries with no club loyalty, something you can’t normally attribute to Scottish players. Modern day is changing but the English game and mentality is a stain on football as a whole.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

What do you expect them to say right now?

Expect them at the very least to say an appointment will be made ASAP as we know the importance of the next run of fixtures for our season

There's only 2 things to take from them saying nothing...

We have a manager lined up and will be in shortly 

Or they haven't even started yet and it begins now that Gerrard's gone

Can believe what one you think