Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

If we need an interim setup, and we’re looking for continuity, I wonder if we’d promote Defoe along with some of the academy team temporarily. All of them have been working from the same blueprint as the first team coaches. That permeates right the way through our structure these days. 

We are 4 points ahead in the league and when we win it we will have qualified for the CL next season. We can also win every domestic cup. No way will Villa be doing that. 

If SG leaves for them mid season (very risky for any manager) and they get relegated they will sack him. That could set his career back years.

SG doesn't seem the type to turn his back on our Club, team and support who have all backed him during such an important season. Winning the title this season is vital. Without the CL revenue it would bring in we could end up in a dire financial situation.

Everything reported so far is just unsourced/speculation. Simply "outside noise". SG won't be here forever but I'd be genuinely shocked if he left us before the end of the season. 

I am just glad this nonsense occurred during the international break as I'd hate for it to impact team performances.

11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

If Gerrard doesn't go to Villa there will be a few embarrassed posters on here.

Villa wouldn't chase him this openly if they weren't given some encouragement mate. Purslow has probably already spoken to him privately 

27 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Don’t care how this goes. 

Fuck Steven Gerrard. “Loyalty” absolute joke leaving us like this in the middle of a season. Giving it the big be ready for a semi final after the international break to the players. 

You wanty listen to yourself :lol: 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

One thing that is a bit of a dimmer on Gio is that Jan Wouters has retired, who obviously would have been a huge help as an assistant here having done it before.

Wonder of he could tempt him back with this job, only 61

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

I’ll be absolutely gutted if he leaves, but Gerrard isn’t as important to us as he was 18 months ago.

So true 👍

He was like figurehead we needed and to be fair has made the club more professional but is he a tactician?

6 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

If the option is McInnes or Murty as caretaker who are you chosing?

Dont get me wrong I’d rather someone else but I can’t see many managers joining us at this point in the season. I’d still offer is to Beale over him though.

Hopefully it’s all irrelevant and Gerrard turns them down, Remember at one point in his playing career it looked certain Gerrard was joining Chelsea but he changed his mind and stayed loyal to Liverpool. Hopefully he’s become attached enough to Rangers that he will wait till at least the summer for potential other offers.

GVB is out of work as if Frank DeBoer so why couldn’t they join straight away? 

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

My point is that it is all rumour and speculation and if he doesn't go then some posters will be a bit red-faced.   To be even-handed then, if he does go some others will be embarrassed due to their posts.

There's a difference between a rumour and a report imo, these are reports. The papers are wrong far less than the punters absolutely love to believe they are. We get literally everything from the papers before it happens. Every transfer story, every other managerial appointment, literally everything is known before official club announcements. If the papers say Gerrard is on the list then it's highly likely that Gerrard is on the list

2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I’ll be absolutely gutted if he leaves, but Gerrard isn’t as important to us as he was 18 months ago.

I’d be disappointed to lose him, but we do need to keep in mind he was just an U18s manager who’s come in and done a fairly decent job domestically (albeit excelled in Europe). 

Everyone is replaceable. I think some fresh perspective can take us to the next level. 

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

If it was end of the season I couldn't give a fuck. It's the timing of it that gets me, no even Gerrard going but such a catastrophic change at such a crucial time, the results of which could set us back years.

Hope we don't get hung up on this "bring a Rangers man in" shite either.

Whether he’s here or not if we don’t win this title we are fucked for a long time to come 

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

My point is that it is all rumour and speculation and if he doesn't go then some posters will be a bit red-faced.   To be even-handed then, if he does go some others will be embarrassed due to their posts.

It's a forum mate. You back at horse at the races and if wins it wins. Nobody will be embarrassed by discussing football things on a football forum.

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Can people please stop saying “McInnes turned us down” ffs

Remember our statement

“After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined”

Because of the sheep refusal for us to speak to him - nothing was offered for him to turn down

It was declined by McInnes after he missed two games when he took a leave of absence to consider his next move. 

1 minute ago, the goal machine said:

People give their opinions on a forum and occasionally they turn out to be incorrect. Hardly anything to be embarrassed about. Especially when there’s credible chat about it happening.

There is no credible chat of which I'm aware.  Rumours in the media and on forums aren't credible.  I don't believe in getting into a lather over what at present is still only speculation.   Gerrard may leave us or he may stay with us.  Just now it's like waiting on the toss of a coin.   My post was simply a bit of tongue-in-cheek humour.