Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Funny thing is, Gerrard wasn't a great appointment on paper IMO. He was a big name but had fuck all experience and bringing in a guy who had managed a couple seasons at under 18's level was a bit mental other than the fact his name carried weight 

He brought in a backroom team very highly regarded within the game. This was his biggest signing.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

There is no credible chat of which I'm aware.  Rumours in the media and on forums aren't credible.  I don't believe in getting into a lather over what at present is still only speculation.   Gerrard may leave us or he may stay with us.  Just now it's like waiting on the toss of a coin.   My post was simply a bit of tongue-in-cheek humour.  

What would count as credible if newspaper reports saying he's the number 1 target isn't?

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Nunos football is absolutely horrific. 

I’m off to watch some TV and then bed pal.

Can you compile a list of young managers who play pressing attacking football for me and i’ll have a look at them tomorrow and text my pals one of their names and they’ll think i’m some sort of guru.

If not, i’ll just tell my group chat it’s going to be David Martindale.

TIA.

Eternal optimist...

But if Gerrard is approached, turns it down flat-out and states that he has unfinished business here, then it would actually be a huge morale boost to the whole squad. Admittedly, we'd be in the exact same position we are now, but after all the speculation, it would almost feel like a new signing.

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

There's a difference between a rumour and a report imo, these are reports. The papers are wrong far less than the punters absolutely love to believe they are. We get literally everything from the papers before it happens. Every transfer story, every other managerial appointment, literally everything is known before official club announcements. If the papers say Gerrard is on the list then it's highly likely that Gerrard is on the list

He may well be on the list but so are others.  They can't all be Villa's next manager.  I'll wait to see what transpires.

14 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Can only imagine the scenes on the boardroom zoom calls right now. Shitting themselves would surely be an understatement.

I don't I think they would've known from yesterday Wilson wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't ask the manager what he wants to do. 

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It’s about how hard it will be to replace the character for me.

Gerrard’s personality and aura are huge and I seriously think we struggle to replace that.

It’s fine throwing out names like Reborv or Farke and posting stats that show how well he’s done in Eastern Europe or articles that say how great a tactician he is, but if you don’t have that presence and ability to handle one of the most unique places to manage then you are basically a dead man walking from the off.

That’s where my worry lies.

That might be the case if we were up against a Martin O Neill tarrier side, but the new manager is up against a fat Aussie lump of shite and his band of vagabonds, we make a decent appointment quickly and the title is still very much in our grasp, do get what your saying about us missing Gerrards presence though and hopefully the new man (if there is one) can continue the standards set. 

1 minute ago, Zander1 said:

Eternal optimist...

But if Gerrard is approached, turns it down flat-out and states that he has unfinished business here, then it would actually be a huge morale boost to the whole squad. Admittedly, we'd be in the exact same position we are now, but after all the speculation, it would almost feel like a new signing.

If he does that I’ll be ending No Nut November three weeks early 

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

With this board? They'll take ages to find his replacement and even then theres a slim chance of getting it right.

Surely Ross Wilson’s job, I’d expect him to have a list of potential replacements for every one of our playing/coaching staff that should be his job 

7 minutes ago, Broxi said:

There's a difference between a rumour and a report imo, these are reports. The papers are wrong far less than the punters absolutely love to believe they are. We get literally everything from the papers before it happens. Every transfer story, every other managerial appointment, literally everything is known before official club announcements. If the papers say Gerrard is on the list then it's highly likely that Gerrard is on the list

6D1963C3-7044-4806-955B-12C60190420A.thumb.jpeg.56695f312cce1ad4bed19318741d06ac.jpeg