New Manager Thread - Poll Amended

ElBufalo20

Should We Remove The Poll?  

859 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice?

• Dan Deacon Has Ginger Pubes
    • No

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

No manager we can hope to get in will be perfect, but if GVB is not good enough then I am wondering who would be better and available at what we can pay? :hmmm:

We have also to remember that S G was managing the Liverpool under 18s when he came here and had no real managerial experience, so I am happy to take a chance on someone who has played for us and knows what is expected and has won trophies as a manager. 

I have my concerns about GvB but he has experience, his record is decent and is worth a chance. Only other name I can think of is Tomasson of Malmo….out of fuckin desperation !! 

Who is the best manager out there at dealing with the god awful 11 behind the ball tactic?

Does any other country in the world have to deal with that absolute lack of ambition that happens in 95% of Scottish football matches?

I must admit, those stories on GVB make me doubt him a bit.

I want a coach that will get his team to relentlessly run at the fucking goal, when that does not work, try shooting from distance, when that doesn't work, bring on a big fucking baby eater at let him head the ball in the net. Once we have a good lead, I then want him to have the team trained to doing disrespectful rainbow flicks over cunts and passing the ball round like Barca in the early 2000s.

Can't be that fucking hard to find.

6 minutes ago, GOAT said:

🤣🤣🤣 well since you’ve started too it I’ll add too it.

I looked at his European record aswell with feyenoord, one season finished third behind Man Utd and Feyenoord in the EL, one season finished last with one victory in the CL (automatically qualified by winning eredivisie), next season beat 5-1 in the EL qualifier by an unseeded team from some back water country I’ve never heard of.  But he’s the one I want that’s most realistic.  No money needs paid to get him other than wages, he knows what it’s like to manage and play for massive clubs with massive expectations, especially our club.  But he does need a Rangers supporting Scot next to him the same way Gerrard got mcallister. 

I want him too ffs

Compared to Knutson who’s built a league winning squad in a town with 50k inhabitants over the last couple of years who have won one championship so far, qualified for CL, beat Roma, narrowly defeated by AC Milan’s and leading the championship again.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Who is the best manager out there at dealing with the god awful 11 behind the ball tactic?

Does any other country in the world have to deal with that absolute lack of ambition that happens in 95% of Scottish football matches?

I want a coach that will get his team to relentlessly run at the fucking goal, when that does not work, try shooting from distance, when that doesn't work, bring on a big fucking baby eater at let him head the ball in the net. Once we have a good lead, I then want him to have the team trained to doing disrespectful rainbow flicks over cunts and passing the ball round like Barca in the early 2000s.

What with a gung ho all attacking style…let me think.

27 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Your teams manager was in Japan for years before yous got him.

They are worried and a bit scunnered that when their benchmark manager left they were left to hiring Neil Lennon in his Celtic shower trunks in the bowels of Hampden  

We are instantly being linked with a former eredivisie winner 

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Iv started watching a lot more foreign games in the last while and the “low block” isn’t confined to Scotland .Saw Barca and PSG struggle against it too recently .Ps Barca are shite now so that might go for nowt .

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

362cd47b49344d12e1eaa4965ffd93571d078c2c

Gerrard is considered a success here but there's negatives to his management as well, including those mentioned about Gio above. It's also quite a generic criticism for a title challenging team, nobody will win every single game, if you don't, it's because you've struggled to break teams down and score. It's almost self-explanatory.

We've been put in a rough position here, but if we come out of it with £4m and someone equally as good, even better, then you have to say it's a win. Having said that, we are definitely more hoping that Gio (if even him) will be as good as Gerrard. We'll need to just wait and see. 

I’ll back Gio 100% if it’s him, I doubt it will be though.

he doesn’t know the players or really anything about Scottish football in it’s current state. There won’t be a honeymoon period and he will have limited funds if any in January. It’s a huge ask.

I personally feel we should go with an experienced British manager and someone with connections. 

1 minute ago, Dave Whelan said:

he doesn’t know the players or really anything about Scottish football in it’s current state. There won’t be a honeymoon period and he will have limited funds if any in January. It’s a huge ask.

I personally feel we should go with an experienced British manager and someone with connections. 

RIP Angeball. 

2 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

Honest tae fuck! 

4 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

E942A5F8-C4D3-4FB3-8675-1068E5473009.gif

6 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I have my concerns about GvB but he has experience, his record is decent and is worth a chance. Only other name I can think of is Tomasson of Malmo….out of fuckin desperation !! 

I am sure we all do mate, I just cannot think of anyone who would be better and has experience playing with us which must be a good thing knowing how much winning is. I will be happy if we can get him in.

I know very little about Tomasson, he seems to have won the league with Malmo in 19/20. 

5 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

What British names would be on your list out of interest? I feel English managers wouldn’t necessarily know our league either, while those available such as Lampard are not experienced. 

4 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

got a feeling Kent will go to villa as well as one other which I expect it to be  either Kamara, Aribo, Tav or Alfredo.  Would expect a good £25 mil which even if giving £15m would be a substantial budget to improve the team (Veerman etc)

8 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

Dave you're having a mare in here today.😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Name one experienced British manager with connections who we could realistically get and who could be relied upon to handle the role and win titles.

Don't bite. Guy has been a tarrier in disguise for far too long on this forum. Keeps slipping under the radar.