New Manager exciting times.

Smile

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

There’s a lot of people who have been coasting this season, and the more you think about it I believe that includes Gerrard too.

A shake up and a fresh set of eyes is what a lot of these players need, not only for our season, but also if they want to get the moves that a lot of them think they have already earned.

Look at how McLeish galvanised it and brought what looked like a dead season back to life after he replaced Advocaat as an example of how a change can go right.

Coasting is a good way to discribe it, there's definitely a different feeling this season, hopefully whoever it is that comes in can influence hearts and minds in that squad.

i doubt we'll see much if anything from the money we got from gerrard fucking off. new manager needs paying and those accounts were grim. can't see us buying any players with it. we will need to punt players in january and whatever we make from that will go towards trying to get new players. even then not too hopeful. we're skint and up shit creek.  we're desperate to win the league for the CL money to balance things out. don't imagine having anything to buy new players until summer once ST renewals come in and if we manage to win the title.

3 minutes ago, Docspawn said:

TBH if he comes in with big numbers for likes of Kent and Kamara then we’ll need to accept this. 

We’re still in need of some big cash if offered say £30M for both it needs to be done if like it or not.

He will and we do.

Spot on. Changing jobs is part and parcel of working life. Steven Gerrard had his reasons for going to Villa. Thanks for your efforts and good luck in the future.

Life at Rangers goes on though. We get behind the new manager and their coaching staff. Still plenty to play for this season.

29 minutes ago, tm91 said:

In farness, if it's someone like Gio Van Bronckhorst, CL winner and World Cup finalist, and they can't command respect from those players, there's something wrong. 

It's not like Gerrard was getting the most out of them this season. A fresh set of eyes and a new influence might be exactly what's needed.

GVB has a list of honours as a player that easily betters Gerard’s. He would command all the respect he should ever need.

If we get him.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

We are in a great position for a new manager coming in a settled team four points clear and with a very decent squad.

We have all complained about various parts of Gerrards management, subs were weird, timing of subs equally weird, the lethargy in the way we have started the season.

depending on who we get  we could really see our team pushing on we have better players than any team in the league, is it now time to let the players off the leash and bin this ten holding midfielders we play and show everyone why we are champions.

Me being a very positive member on here can see this being the beginning of something beautiful

:thumbup: 

Always knew you were a positive chap. :smokingcowboy:

I feel exactly the same, I have no idea what has been wrong this season but it has not been right and while we are 4 points ahead I think this is a great opportunity to get someone in to take us further forward once again. 

Fuck it why not Michael O'Neil ex Northern Ireland coach? 

Done really well with them,

I know it was international footballl not domestic football 

Don't know what he's upto at the moment but I think he lived or owns property in Edinburgh 

Davis as his side kick - captain ?

Fuck knows tbf

14 minutes ago, Amato said:

If he does then that's, say, £20m in which goes a long way to bringing in a replacement and helping balance the books a bit.

I won’t lie and say Kent is not a big player for us but like Gerrard he is not irreplaceable, especially in the context of Scottish football. Our most impressive win of the season a couple of weeks back  at Motherwell shows we can batter teams with or without Kent .

If someone offers silly money for him we will have no alternative

3 minutes ago, Cooperson said:

Fuck it why not Michael O'Neil ex Northern Ireland coach? 

Done really well with them,

I know it was international footballl not domestic football 

Don't know what he's upto at the moment but I think he lived or owns property in Edinburgh 

Davis as his side kick - captain ?

Fuck knows tbf

He's manager of Stoke just now, would prefer GVB to be honest.