New Manager exciting times.

Smile

2 hours ago, Docspawn said:

TBH if he comes in with big numbers for likes of Kent and Kamara then we’ll need to accept this. 

We’re still in need of some big cash if offered say £30M for both it needs to be done if like it or not.

Kent and Kamara are probably the only two he might look at. I reckon he’ll have been given nod of a big budget for Jan though so reckon he’ll be looking at better than anyone in our squad 

4 hours ago, Johnsey said:

The thought of a new manager is exciting, however, I would have preferred that Gerrard stayed.

Unfortunately, he's fucked off and we move on.

Board have to get this appointment right.

big fish in a small pool,souness jumped first offer we cant expect to compete with the cash in england.

4 hours ago, Smile said:

We are in a great position for a new manager coming in a settled team four points clear and with a very decent squad.

We have all complained about various parts of Gerrards management, subs were weird, timing of subs equally weird, the lethargy in the way we have started the season.

depending on who we get  we could really see our team pushing on we have better players than any team in the league, is it now time to let the players off the leash and bin this ten holding midfielders we play and show everyone why we are champions.

Me being a very positive member on here can see this being the beginning of something beautiful

Well said 👏🏻

3 hours ago, Cooperson said:

Fuck it why not Michael O'Neil ex Northern Ireland coach? 

Done really well with them,

I know it was international footballl not domestic football 

Don't know what he's upto at the moment but I think he lived or owns property in Edinburgh 

Davis as his side kick - captain ?

Fuck knows tbf

:lol:

We’re miles above that level of manager now. 

A new manager coming in, winning the semi final could be a real boost and uplift to the squad and could really see us through a difficult period and into new year when we can hopefully regroup further. Got to try and look at the positives. 

We need the board to get it spot on appointment wise with so much riding on the next few weeks .

The previous manager has bottled it given what was at stake clearly can't utilise the squad to good effect so jacked it no doubt not having money to spend despite the clear and apparent monies he's had and current club situation financially we've more than went out on a limb .

If all Gerrard  can do is think he can buy his way out of a rut then he clearly won't progress as a manager imo .

His inability to utilise players into system a lot of the time was for me brinkmanship against our board despite being well furnished in the purchases made and what they bring to the team, an inability to rotate out with injuries was one of his biggest failures on a regular basis allied with not being demanding enough on the current squad .

So he fucked off rather than face what would have ultimately been his biggest challenge in these testing few weeks of his tenure had he had the bottle to see it through .

Our club were right to hold out given the expenditure the last few years and the recently published financial position even back in June or July would have been apparent that sales was the only option so as not to jeapordise the financial situation at the club .

Absolutely good prudence imo  given we know where we were and how that panned out by the pillaging of what little assets we had left by scummy bastards of which we are still recovering from back in 2012 .

This Season would have defined his tenure but instead he's Fucked off when the biggest challenge of him and his management team was unfolding over the next few weeks have the team it in  them ?  no doubt imo ,but we are where we are and our board have to be spot on with the appointment and a support ready to move on from a betrayal and roar the team on over the season to get them over the line some clearly couldn't do it their loss despite their shite about new challenges when you've just ran away from the most defining challenge of your career for the club who gave you the big break in management .

They are as welcome back at Ibrox as a Turd in a Swimming pool 😏

5 minutes ago, shaka said:

I really hope we get Gio.  Imagine being a player who has been getting coached by Gerrard and the replacement is another legendary midfielder who achieved even more in his playing career!

Played most of his career at left back apart from us?

5 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

My biggest fear is that Gerrard comes in for Ryan Kent in January.

Well as Gerrard has stated numerous times… if you want our players you better bring your cheque book and be prepared to part with some serious cash for them. 

id tell him to f*ck off and come back for him in the summer as we have CL qualification to achieve first. 

42 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Another good thing about the Gio rumors is digging out his highlights again tonight. What a fucking classy player he was.

Sent a video to my 13 year old nephew and he said fucking hell can we sign him as player manager😆😆😆

For such a combative and tough  midfielder, I always felt Gerrards teams had a slight soft centre. Especially when performances and results werent positive. There was always 3 or 4 shitebags when things weren't going so well.

That is not the Rangers I know.

I've been keeping my powder dry, letting the dust settle, and trying not to be too reactionary and emotional to events over the last couple of days.

I wish Stevie and his team all the very best, and thanks for the memories, of which there were many.

I do believe a parting of the ways is the right outcome for both parties.

With regards to the next Manager, I think if we can get GVanB, it will be a great partnership for both the club and fans.

He's got a very decent platform to work on.

This could turn out to be a really good thing for us, and can take us to the next level, in truth i think Gerrard and Co had took us as far as they could.

Nowadays, with the fast pace of things in general, new life needs to be breathed into a football club every 3 or 4 years.