*****The Official Nonce FC v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

celtic were getting battered by Hearts, if Boyce doesn't miss his penalty they go on to win that game. We are much better going forward than them. 

Don't doubt that man for man we are better all over the park.

We just seem to have dropped 10/15 yards back under Gio and are putting ourselves under unnecessary pressure which then in turn makes it harder for us to create when we do win the ball back

Can see the arguement for us sitting in then hitting on the counter but that's just not how this squad plays. 

Just now, skinnymate1690 said:

Attack them and we will win comfortably, sit back and soak up pressure and we will be in trouble IMO.

I’d start sakala through the middle for his pace 

I'd reckon we'll have to deal with early Celtic pressure but if we can come through that unscathed then we should be fine

Long wait until tonight. Think il try and hold off trying to crack a beer until 2 o'clock. Into these scum bastards Rangers. At them from the start and have scottie showing the rest of the boys not to give them a minutes peace. To early for Jack unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Don't doubt that man for man we are better all over the park.

We just seem to have dropped 10/15 yards back under Gio and are putting ourselves under unnecessary pressure which then in turn makes it harder for us to create when we do win the ball back

Can see the arguement for us sitting in then hitting on the counter but that's just not how this squad plays. 

Even last year when they were absolutely shite we had to soak up some pressure from them early on. They're not as good as us, but they're not terrible.

If we play daft we can let them in and allow them to gain confidence. Invite them in and if we break up the park early they'll shit it early on. They're not great at breaking well marshalled teams down either.

I think it'll be a wee bit similar to the Edniburgh Derby last night (just with a bit more quality).

celtic will come out the traps flying just like Hibs did for the first 15-20 minutes. If we can weather that early storm we'll bring ourselves into the game and gradually look stronger the game goes on because of our quality.

Like I said the "them" thread. Have our forward line on the half way line and let their centre halfs have the ball and block off the passing routes. Defend like that and we'll be just fine because there are goals our team!!

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Even last year when they were absolutely shite we had to soak up some pressure from them early on. They're not as good as us, but they're not terrible.

If we play daft we can let them in and allow them to gain confidence. Invite them in and if we break up the park early they'll shit it early on. They're not great at breaking well marshalled teams down either.

Not exactly how I'm feeling about us after Saturday's shitshow!

From the limited amount I've seen this season, teams who press their defence/keeper cause them problems

Sit off them and you're playing into their hands

If we setup correctly we win. If not we could easily be onto a very bad loss. All on Gio now for me

Another reason for starting Balogun that I'd never really given thought to is his threat from attacking set pieces which Bassey just hasn't really given us.

We know we can get them from set pieces. The stats show we're pretty good at them and that they concede nearly half of their goals from set pieces. With Goldson, Balogun & Roofe in their box we can cause some real problems.

I can see this being a similar game to Tynecastle tbh. They’ll leave acres of space behind in the first 20-25 minutes. 

3 of 4 of our backline are comfortable playing 30-40 yard passes so it should be able to create a few chances for us. 

I’m going 2-0 Diallo and Kent