Biggest signing in your lifetime?

G.E.C.

Souness , Butcher , Mo , then topped all that with Gazza ! What a time to be a Rangers fan .  Laudrup signing , was at the time overshadowed by the signing of Boli , although we soon knew who would be the outstanding performer in a Rangers shirt .

Souness for me as overnight we had went from guys like Dougie Bell, Cammy Fraser to Scotland’s captain from Sampdoria.

Big signings became the norm with Butcher, Woods, Steven etc. but the next biggest for fandom was Gazza, unbelievable signing at the time to bring England’s most creative player, be like Sterling just now.

For who I've saw at Ibrox Cooper, Super Ally (aye seriously) 😄 Souness, Hateley  Gazza ,Laudrup, R-De Boer, Prso 

All either world class in their time before and during their time with The Famous .

Onus is on Ramsay to net a hat trick on Wednesday night  & he's on the list 👍😁

37 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

Gazza. And dare I say it, for different reasons, Mo Johnston

That’s what I was going to type.

Sourness and Gazza in terms of box office but Mo Johnston stopped eveyone in their tracks.

Every Rangers fan I know can remember where they were when they heard Johnston had signed!

1 minute ago, beararse said:

That’s what I was going to type.

Sourness and Gazza in terms of box office but Mo Johnston stopped eveyone in their tracks.

Every Rangers fan I know can remember where they were when they heard Johnston had signed!

I delivered newspapers, I was 14, there was 30 people standing outside the newsagent at 6am in the morning, holding the sun newspaper, in total shell shock.

It truly was unbelievable.

Does Gerrard count as a signing ? 

His arrival felt massive at the time. He has obviously soured it all In the end up but dosen’t take away at the time it felt huge 

Barry Ferguson returning was also quite big at the time 

Gazza was obviously the biggest of the lot . 

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I delivered newspapers, I was 14, there was 30 people standing outside the newsagent at 6am in the morning, holding the sun newspaper, in total shell shock.

It truly was unbelievable.

I was 18 when he signed. No social media, mobiles or internet back then and I hadn’t bought a newspaper.

Was in the local video shop early one morning and I heard the fella behind the counter shout ‘holy fuck, Rangers have signed Maurice Johnson’ as he flicked thro teletext. I wandered over then had to wait an eternity on the teletext page coming back round :)

Where we are as a club and how the game has moved on - Ramsay is a massive signing for us.

However Gazza and De Boer were bigger names in world football, but we were also a bigger club relatively speaking (in financial terms) back then. 

Either way, Ramsay is probably the biggest name signing in Scottish football since Roy Keane signed for the tramps 17yrs ago (although he was shot as a player by then, but regardless.... was the Man Utd captain)

Biggest in terms of shock/impact, has to be Mojo. You just can't imagine the impact that one had....it was massive. 

Biggest in terms of totally transforming Rangers, and Scottish football....has to be Souness. You could also say it transformed English football as well....they suddenly had major competition for big name signings. 

Playing wise.....Gazza, Laudrup, RDB, Ramsay....fuck me, we've been spoiled over the years.