*****The Official Borussia Dortmund vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Essandoh

Just back home in London after travelling down on train from Edinburgh - saw most of the match on my phone, what a fucking result! Was chewing my nails at 4-1 but not even their last goal could deflate the elation.

Saw the filth result above - I’m 50/50 between wanting them utterly pumped and having to match any run we have in Europe so they aren’t fresher in the league.

Anyhoo, what a night!

If Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea had won 4-2 at Dortmund imagine the reaction.  One of the best performances in my memory, not so much a case of Dortmund playing below par, more a case of the whole team turning up and every player giving his all.  Tactics spot on and substitutions well timed.  Awesome.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

Wow. Incredible stat. 

It's an incredibly important result. Historic. I just wonder if we will get the credit we deserve for tonight. 

I remember when the draw was made and in the studio there were a few pundits... Michael Owen was the one that stands out, can't mind the others... He was very complimentary of us and hoped we done well, but they all basically wrote us off... 

There is still a 2nd leg against a very good team right enough, but I never imagined that... That's the attitude we should have went out with against the Scum... High press and dig... Kent was brilliant, Jack makes some difference, and Lundstram dug in... Morelos, what a job he does! 

44 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

What a result! 

That has got to be one of the best results a Scottish team has ever had in Europe. An absolute giant of a team they are, and we absolutely humbled them. 

So proud of the team tonight!

Been arguing with a Dortmund fan - cause a celtic fan said they are missing half there team - only 3 players out all be it  it good players that squad is stacked and one player alone cost more then our entire squad to buy - I said Bar Haaland its there strongest and the dortmund fan tried to say im100% wrong they are weak and said Can and Munier out. They are idiots first SPL and Rangers are a shit team in a shit league and glory the german league and dortmund walk all over us but then when we win its excuse after excuse - Like make up your mind - if we lost it would be the same as usual - we are miles below that level we win its "We had a weak squad" lol 

I LOVE how much Rangers causes so many people to be jealous 

4 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

If Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea had won 4-2 at Dortmund imagine the reaction.  One of our best ever performances in my memory, not so much a case of Dortmund playing below par, more a case of the whole team turning up and every player giving his all.  Tactics spot on and substitutions well timed.  Awesome.

We didn't let Dortmund play.

Our gegapress and opening tactics negated them.

3 minutes ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

Been arguing with a Dortmund fan - cause a celtic fan said they are missing half there team - only 3 players out all be it  it good players that squad is stacked and one player alone cost more then our entire squad to buy - I said Bar Haaland its there strongest and the dortmund fan tried to say im100% wrong they are weak and said Can and Munier out. They are idiots first SPL and Rangers are a shit team in a shit league and glory the german league and dortmund walk all over us but then when we win its excuse after excuse - Like make up your mind - if we lost it would be the same as usual - we are miles below that level we win its "We had a weak squad" lol 

I LOVE how much Rangers causes so many people to be jealous 

No one should listen to scum fans mate... A team that hasn't played competitive football in 2 months just rag dolled them and looked fitter than them :lol: