*****Official St Johnstone vs Rangers match thread*****

.Williamson.

What a shit show man. 

Obviously I wish we'd pulled this "performance" against the sheep/county/united/motherwell and got the wins instead but wow, the team are fucking knackered looking. 

No subs is really baffling and risky. 

I doubt Jack is back for the weekend, so it's going to the exact same 11 on Saturday. 

A win thank fuck. Dreadful performance though and players absolutely out on their feet - not a single sub - GVB has no idea, I guarantee he was stood there thinking just please see it out because he had no clue what to do. 
3 points but utter shite to watch 

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That was a tough watch but we have the 3 points and that is all that matters tonight on that hellish pitch.

I love your positivity BRU but we’re papering over the cracks. I have the fear and have had since very early days with Gio. A couple of great results in Europe won’t change my mind 

Shocking. Absolutely shocking that GvB didn’t freshen the team up. I can only assume he doesn’t trust any of the other players or his New Year signings.

Some of our players falling to the deck knackered at the end.

The last few mins were painful. I was longing for the Stevie G team method of holding the ball up for minutes at a time. We looked liable to lose a goal at any point.

Still, 3 points, clinging on. Let’s see what the weekend brings.

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

And Gio didn't make any subs ffs. 

Yea, that was kindo of what I was getting at. We are playing a serious amount of games and our performances will start to look more and more like today. Some of the players are naturally very fit - players like Bassey, but even he looked absolutely spent at the end.

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

What possible reason could he have for making ZERO subs other than having a bench full of goalkeepers. Utterly bizarre decision that could have cost us dearly.

In an age where clubs have been begging for 5 subs. 
No subs ffs. I still cant get over that.