Davie Cooper

RoboBear

Too young to have experienced him play. Fortunately there is quite a lot of footage of him to be able to appreciate how good he was.

Baxter is one I wish there was more footage of, because the footage that is available isn’t even good quality 

Ex brother in law was brought up with the family in Hamilton and in the 90s often spoke to his brother John, got to see him play for Mwell, in all my glory, still the most gifted player to come from Scotland imo.

How he was never capped more than he was is criminal.

Super Cooper, played for the team he loved.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Too young to have experienced him play. Fortunately there is quite a lot of footage of him to be able to appreciate how good he was.

Baxter is one I wish there was more footage of, because the footage that is available isn’t even good quality 

I'm in the same boat far too young to appreciate Cooper.

My Granda still puts Jim Baxter above everyone to this day so he must have been out of this world!

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Being an old dinosaur, I remember them both very well.

Slim Jim would have defenders falling on their arse just with a swivel of his hips.

On his day a wonderful talent however had a lot of days where it wasn’t his day

5 lost seasons under Greig tarnished his career enjoyed a resurgence when Wallace (2nd time) and then Souness arrived but sadly age was beginning to tell before enjoying an Indian summer at Motherwell and briefly Clydebank 

In my opinion one of the most talented players ever to pull on the blue jersey but should have done more in his career the lack of caps was mainly due to those lost 5 seasons under Greig when he should have been in his prime 

My Rangers hero. Sad for the young' uns here who didnt see the great man in the flesh. Same for those too young to see Super Ally, Durrant. Mind you, I'd kill to have seen players like Baxter, Stein, Henderson, Willie Johnstone and Sandy week in week out like my Dad.