*****Rangers v RB Leipzig Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

Forum crashed and the last thread disappeared.

Won’t predict the line up until the presser.

FYI Leipzig play tomorrow and will have less time to prepare..

Yes, saw that. Was surprised they are playing on a Monday evening the same week as an away trip in Europe. 

I wouldn't have had Sakala anywhere near Thursday's team after the first 60 minutes. Now, not so sure. He is hard to figure out.

As much as it would be nice to have Roofe back, I think Ramsey is the more important. If he is fit (big if) and on his game, he is the game-changer.

Did he take Davis off today with Thursday in mind? Probably Jack - Lundstram - Kamara.  

Balogun or Barisic is a big decision.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

To be fair it was just shite angry patter by me with a crushed Red Bull can and disparaging comments about their plastic support

@G.E.C.can redeem himself with some bizarre factoids and trivia about them

I know Jack about them I’m afraid.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I wouldn't have had Sakala anywhere near Thursday's team after the first 60 minutes. Now, not so sure. He is hard to figure out.

As much as it would be nice to have Roofe back, I think Ramsey is the more important. If he is fit (big if) and on his game, he is the game-changer.

Did he take Davis off today with Thursday in mind? Probably Jack - Lundstram - Kamara.  

Think it’s the opposite, we need a striker! Was clear we missed that at the beginning of the second half over there! Roofe pivotal for me! 

Just now, scottyc06 said:

Think it’s the opposite, we need a striker! Was clear we missed that at the beginning of the second half over there! Roofe pivotal for me! 

I kind of agree. The problem with Roofe is it takes him ages to get back up to speed. I think I would lean toward the mercurial Sakala.

Whoever it is, we need goals.

28 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think Sakala would benefit from something nearer an old fashioned two up front approach tbh. 

Needs to be playing narrower than wider in any case. Minute he came inside v sellic he was causing problems in the channel.

Have to fancy your chances being just 0-1 down, at home with the full backing

Boys looked hungry and up for a fight.

Team

McGregor

Tav Goldson Bassey Barasic

Lundstrum

Jack Davis

Wright Roofe Kent

Would be important to balance to team and protect ourselves with wright and kent hitting on the break

Make us dream Rangers!! 

14 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Absolutely. 2008 was magical, but it always felt like winning it was a long shot. We were the clear underdogs throughout relying on a good defence, and the final was one effort too far.

This year it feels like we are far more capable of winning it. We're still underdogs but we can compete with any of these teams. 

Never tried to win the final, we tried not to get beat. Wasted opportunity.