McLaughlin

58 minutes ago, bam74 said:

Aye, we've been spoiled over the years with keepers who you would think would make that save.  

I just saw this angle, while I still think he was unsighted, I do think he should be going for it

For a supposed ball playing GK he’s really not giving me confidence with it. Passes are constantly behind the man, chipped in and slow as fuck. 

Coming for crosses has almost evaporated now as well which was his one major advantage over McGregor. 

Personally would like to see my keeper at least make an effort for a ball that doesn’t end in the corner as well. 

45 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I just saw this angle, while I still think he was unsighted, I do think he should be going for it

And seriously how close do yo reckon he could have got to it? I swear people are just picking faults for the sake of it.....no goalie is getting even close to that mate

57 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's middle-ish of the goal and head height.

OK.... you have been against McLaughlin all summer, if you seriously think McLaughlin could or should have saved that then go and seek help.....fuck me, he is unsighted to a well struck shot which swerves away from the middle of the goal that you claim :lol:

14 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Don't think he can do much for the second goal. He's been ok.

My biggest gripe is I was looking forward to a keeper commanding the box and coming off his line for crosses/corners which we didn't get with Greegs. So far he isn't doing that.

The save McLaughlin makes at the back post from the Aussie boy has went unnoticed, to hold on to ball with two hibs players closing in took a bit of bottle, sometimes a goal keeper is helpless, today was one of those days.....agreed with the cross balls, for me he doesn't seem to be coming for crosses they way he did in the two Scottish cup games

10 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

OK.... you have been against McLaughlin all summer, if you seriously think McLaughlin could or should have saved that then go and seek help.....fuck me, he is unsighted to a well struck shot which swerves away from the middle of the goal that you claim :lol:

To be fair, his positioning makes it more difficult for him to save, he doesnt shift across and isnt centre of the goal when the shot comes in. That’s genuinely basics.

18 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

No chance he’s saving that second. Him constantly kicking the ball out is madness though 

Supposedly playing cause he’s got good distribution, but shagger is a miles better goalkeeper and I can’t believe he sits on the bench while McLaughlin starts 

10 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I don't think he could have saved it, that's the point.

It wasn't unsavable though, as @WWTC pointed out his positioning was poor. Top goalkeeper does better there imo.

He's doing ok otherwise. I've said it repeatedly but for me he just doesn't make those really top drawer saves that make the difference.

His save against PSV at 2-2 was a great save and a very important one in the context of the tie, yesterday made some good saves, especially one at the back post and don’t think he has a chance at the equaliser.

However, he does not give me the confidence that McGregor did even though he regressed last year, I still think he’s a better keeper.

McLaughlin distribution is not the significant upgrade we were anticipating and he hasn’t come for many more corners/crosses.

He is still a solid GK but sometimes think the back four miss Shagger screaming at them.