McLaughlin

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think if McGregor had retired we would have.

We weren't going to add a new no 1 with both McGregor and McLaughlin still available. 

Mcgregor was brilliant but when he was going to retire at the end of last season that should have been what happened. We should have bought a new Keeper, Mclaughlin is neat and tidy good with his feet but I don't think he's got it to be no1. and  I was all for him getting his chance. Just been quite worrying on a couple of occasions. 

12 hours ago, Inigo said:

There's no hate (from me anyway), he's just not good enough as a number 1.

We've been spoiled in that department and he's not up to that level we're used to. 

We needed to sign a first team keeper. We didn’t and we will regret it.

18 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

If McCrorie cant get a game before these two I dont know why hes at the club. This was always going to be a problem this season , they had plenty of time to deal with it and they never.

This. It's a failure on the DoF and manager not identifying and signing a new long term number 1 worthy of the position. But then i don't think many are surprised. It's how we do business. 

21 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The guy had time and space to hit the shot and he struck it really well.  McLaughlin would have saved it were it not for the deflection.   The defenders were the problem not the keeper.  It's clear that some are just irate that we didn't buy another keeper and blame McLaughlin no matter what.

I totally agree the attacker was given far to much time, I just think he should have done much better with that shot. Overall he hasn't done much wrong. I always back the keeper. I know how hard a position it can be. 

I am a bit more optimistic about next week and for what it's worth McLaughlin was one of the better players the other night. 

11 hours ago, Iakona said:

Should have McLaughlin done better… perhaps. But ultimately it shouldn’t have got to that stage in the first place.

It could and should have been dealt with several times over by our poxy defence.

.... and Ryan Jack.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably agree that he is making big saves, thankfully but everything feels very jittery when he’s on the ball. 

For a supposed ball playing GK he isn’t that much better than McGregor with the ball at his feet, constantly chipping balls into players feet and almost always behind them. 

Been disappointed with his lack of coming for crosses too. Hopefully he gets back to that soon, it takes a huge amount of pressure off us when he does

47 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

After McGregor ,The next keeper was always going to be a level below .The only reason we had McGregor was he was in his later career and he loves Rangers .

It will be a while before we get anybody quite as good as him .

You was playing at championship/pl relegation fodder. He never really played at a much better level than us. 

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

Great save last night but doesn't inspire confidence at all imo. 

That confidence in him will only come through consistency, playing big games, making big saves and winning those big games thanks in part to said saves, it builds from there.

Said on this very thread two weeks ago after he kept us in the USG tie that his contribution would only be fully appreciated if we turned the tie around, I think his saves have given us a great chance to qualify next week and if we do I think people will start having more confidence in him although that being said, if we get the CL money a top goalie should be our #1 priority.

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You was playing at championship/pl relegation fodder. He never really played at a much better level than us. 

Doesn’t matter where he was playing .Even at 35 he was still a top performer .Wouldn’t have taken the best agent in the game to get him a good deal at another club down south .Even a No2 at an EPL club would easily have been achievable.