The other mob

MisterC

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I'm not writing anyone off I'm merely pointing out what the overall expectation is outwith our support. 

Expecting us to walk to a title when building a new team and them on the back of a treble is a bit much. 

Beale will need every new signing to come off and hit the ground running.

I agree, it’s going to be hard they’ll be firm favourites for the league but Brenda wants to prove himself in Europe, hopefully they get punted out the EL early

Just now, Ladytonbear said:

Fairly sure that MB is building a team to win the league - a strong physical team capable of beating the 11 players behind the ball type team we face most week. I am confident that won’t change no matter who is in charge at the other place 

Hope so mate👍

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I'm not writing anyone off I'm merely pointing out what the overall expectation is outwith our support. 

Expecting us to walk to a title when building a new team and them on the back of a treble is a bit much. 

Beale will need every new signing to come off and hit the ground running.

Fair enough. You are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine..

Domestic cups (nice to have) don't much matter to me. Winning the title and European football after Xmas does and at the moment I feel that Beale will do both.

28 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

This kind of pessimism annoys me. Not a ball has been kicked and you are writing us off. 

Check the bookies. They are far from overwhelming favs.

We’ve won 2 trophies in 8 years. They’ve won 19 or something and off the back off a treble. Of course they are huge favourites. We are having to rebuild a team and squad. You need to be realistic of where we are. 

21 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

These daft bastards think Brendan Rodgers is here to build a champions league/ European squad good enough to go far into the competition. 

brendan-rodgers-barcelona.jpg

That wee creep Mark Wilson was on Sky Sports News earlier and said the exact same thing. Cunts are fucking mental.

29 minutes ago, B1872 said:

That wee creep Mark Wilson was on Sky Sports News earlier and said the exact same thing. Cunts are fucking mental.

Celtics biggest cheerleader.

Had Clyde SSB on earlier and they where talking about the defeats we suffered from Brendan Rodgers team but fail to mention the quality in our team back then and our managers where shite.

Much different animal he is up against this time round. I do believe he is a good manager i cant lie about that but i do think this time it wont go as plane sailing as they all think. I hope to fuck all these reactions from the pundits and fans are saved away for a rainy day. I honestly believe this will be a disaster.

I still remember the signings Brendan Rodgers made but that's not been brought up yet today. Kouassi for 2.8m, Gamboa for £1m from West Brom, Issouf Bayo for £2m, Oliver Burke, Mulumbu, Jack Hendry, Charly Musonda, Jonny Hayes, Scott Bain, Marvin Compper :lol: But aye we are shitting ourselves over here.

Just now, Essandoh said:

I would’ve expected that from a far younger poster with blinkers on but that’s grim

It’s weirdly never the younger generation I even hear saying that about the domestic cup competitions, it’s always oddly some much older fan that comes out with it

Pretty sure Tanerall when he was here made a thread once describing how he thought they were entirely pointless nowadays