Well what can u say about that

Will 1966

zero run of the ball and a ref who was defiant he was a joke but the Serie A leaders put us to the sword we deserved more but you cant deny that a performance to build on as a ranger thats all we required and tonight i cant fault us, james sands needs to be dropped cause as much as i like him last few games its hard to defend. all in all, the performance passes what we have been subjected to. love yous all WATP

1 minute ago, Jelavic191 said:

At least sands is suspended. Completely out of his depth 

ive backed him for a while but it feels like  he doesnt get it because if he did he would have shown it before now, guy tries his best and thats what we need but he is struggling in cd we need some stability at the back

15 minutes ago, Badger said:

Better performance. 3-0 flatters Napoli.

We showed good fight for 75 minutes.

11 v 11 we were well in the game.

We didn't get much luck tonight.

Ref didn't get anything wrong. Both big decisions were correct but unlucky. 

- If the Napoli striker doesn't fluff his touch, Sands makes the tackle. Ironically him losing control make Sands foul him.

- Borna knew nothing about the hand ball (but needs to be braver)

But...... in 270 minutes of football we are 0-11. That isn't good.

Got to agree. We need to start taking more chances though. Missing good chances comes back to bite you at this level. They started to run away with it after we lost a man and had to push forward when we went a goal down . I couldn’t see the crucial decisions clearly as I was at other end but it did look as if the ref was intent on punishing our players more than theirs for similar tackles

9 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Got to agree. We need to start taking more chances though. Missing good chances comes back to bite you at this level. They started to run away with it after we lost a man and had to push forward when we went a goal down . I couldn’t see the crucial decisions clearly as I was at other end but it did look as if the ref was intent on punishing our players more than theirs for similar tackles

Funny one to access.

He got everything more or less correct (bar the Lundstram yellow).

The two big decisions - red card and second penalty - had a big slice of bad luck.

Simeone actually miscontrolled the ball sideways, and it went through Sands legs, if he takes it forward as he intended - Sands may well play the ball. It may even have been miscontrolled and hit Sands, rather than go through his legs. Neither would have been a foul.

But.... it was a foul and therefore it had to be a second yellow, but.... really unlucky.

7 minutes ago, Badger said:

Funny one to access.

He got everything more or less correct (bar the Lundstram yellow).

The two big decisions - red card and second penalty - had a big slice of bad luck.

Simeone actually miscontrolled the ball sideways, and it went through Sands legs, if he takes it forward as he intended - Sands may well play the ball. It may even have been miscontrolled and hit Sands, rather than go through his legs. Neither would have been a foul.

But.... it was a foul and therefore it had to be a second yellow, but.... really unlucky.

I didn’t even realise it hit barisic on the arm until he gave a penalty. From my seat it just look like he blocked the shot . After that I can’t really complain as they exploited the gaps we left.  Near 1000 mile round trip for disappointment 😩