Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Funnily enough, I see that as the opposite.

If there were serious discussions going on, I think they would have been much more discreet.

I know that the general opinion of our board isn’t up to much but they must have anticipated how that would look, especially if Gio was running out of road.

Like many, I was keen on Beale but, for some reason now that it’s looking more and more possible, I find I’m going right off the idea.

:unsure:

I agree. If Beale was up to speak about the job then he wouldn't have been spending time in the Louden etc before and after the game. 

6 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

I agree. If Beale was up to speak about the job then he wouldn't have been spending time in the Louden etc before and after the game. 

GvB still had game time to save his job at that stage. If he had won at St Johnstone and St Mirren we wouldn't be having this discussion. He would still be in the hotseat. Beale came as a spectator, that's all.

24 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

wouldn't mind KT in the new managers staff tbh. 

Don’t think he did in the slightest to be honest.

English basically said anyone with any sense would ask about budget and ambition, and Thomson said if you’re bothered about budgets then you shouldn’t be in the conversation for the next manager.

Referenced Walter Smith not being bothered about it, but just about anyone else in the world would be. 

Just now, RFC55 said:

I may look foolish for this in the end up (happens a lot) but we’d have been as well sticking than twisting gio for Beale. This is a sideways move for me by the club should they choose to go down the route of Beale 

If it is Beale I hope we’re all made to look like tits 👍

Please not Beale 

I want fresh Ideas, find another way to get a tune out of this squad of players. (Half who need Gone) 

Full change of formation, ethos, intent. 

Coaching today though tells you that to beat a low block* you need to create space with movement and quick interchanges..  clever forwards. 

We go with let's get wide a cross aimlessly. 

A team of Gerrard and Beale combined was hardly an overwhelming success.

Hard to see how Beale alone would be any better (especially without the world class staff behind him) unless Gerrard was holding him back?

Would be immensely underwhelming.

Another huge worry about Beale would be that as he obviously gets on well with the existing players there's a decent chance he might want to hand out new contracts to a number of players who we quite clearly need to get rid and it could further hinder our ability to refresh the squad in the future.

The next manager, whoever it is, needs a completely fresh approach so that we can properly rebuild the squad and bin a lot of the current players who very much deserve the same fate as Gio, if not more.

13 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I may look foolish for this in the end up (happens a lot) but we’d have been as well sticking than twisting gio for Beale. This is a sideways move for me by the club should they choose to go down the route of Beale 

If Beale is the new manager most of us will have to hope we end up looking foolish mate, I just do not get it and like you think it is as lazy/sideways decision. 

If appointed we have no option but to hope it works for us, but I am not confident about that.

If he comes in and we can beat the tarriers and close the gap and win a cup or two then I will be delighted to say I was wrong about him. Only time will tell. 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

If Beale is the new manager most of us will have to hope we end up looking foolish mate, I just do not get it and like you think it is as lazy/sideways decision. 

If appointed we have no option but to hope it works for us, but I am not confident about that.

If he comes in and we can beat the tarriers and close the gap and win a cup or two then I will be delighted to say I was wrong about him. Only time will tell. 

The only positive I can see from appointing Beale is that hopefully the fitness levels of the players will improve to that of a year ago because at the moment they just look tired and lethargic.