Kent

Number5

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The mugs and phone cases that were made from the “slap” to brown in the game we lost still make me cringe like fuck 

It’s embarrassing man. Proper wee club mentality lauding stuff like this when there’s little to no real success to go with it. 

'Aye but he "punched" Brown'

He shoved him...and was not remotely worth the money we paid, and I was absolutely buzzing when we managed to sign him permanently. Could have been one of our best ever, was more of a disappointment. Then deciding to chuck it after not signing a new deal. No thanks. And if you want to hold on to a memory of him, remember Seville.

11 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Hmm I’m surprised at that if true. The pull from Turkey used to be very good wages. 

Aye, the risk being that they don’t get paid at all. Seems to happen a lot in Turkey, I’m sure it happened to Boyd and Miller over there. 

Sick of looking back at players who have been good for us previously. Kent doesn’t deserve to wear the shirt again after the way he chucked it last season. Even when he was good he was never consistent enough with goals.

Gave us some great moments but that’s no reason to take him back now. Would rather go out and permanently sign someone for the position.

If he’d been on fire in Turkey but face didn’t fit, then maybe you could justify it.

But he hasn’t kicked a ball domestically since May 2021, which is 2 and a half years ago. He was atrocious for us under Gio domestically and Beale, I doubt he’ll ever hit consistent form again like in the 55 season.

This “form” he had in the Europa league run is a bit overhyped, he got 1 goal and 5 assists in 13 games that campaign. Yes the assists look good, but barring Dortmund he didn’t run anyone ragged and the penalty assist against Red Star was fortuitous at best. 

Good player on his day, but his days are few and far between. Our rivals have players who score 10-15 goals a season domestically in his position (and those players aren’t even that good), Kent’s return of 5 goals in his last 60 domestic league games, is woeful and not the level we require or should be aspiring to. 

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

If he’d been on fire in Turkey but face didn’t fit, then maybe you could justify it.

But he hasn’t kicked a ball domestically since May 2021, which is 2 and a half years ago. He was atrocious for us under Gio domestically and Beale, I doubt he’ll ever hit consistent form again like in the 55 season.

This “form” he had in the Europa league run is a bit overhyped, he got 1 goal and 5 assists in 13 games that campaign. Yes the assists look good, but barring Dortmund he didn’t run anyone ragged and the penalty assist against Red Star was fortuitous at best. 

Good player on his day, but his days are few and far between. Our rivals have players who score 10-15 goals a season domestically in his position (and those players aren’t even that good), Kent’s return of 5 goals in his last 60 domestic league games, is woeful and not the level we require or should be aspiring to. 

That’s just shite. He was very, very good in Europe after Christmas.