Cantwell

DiamondDan

4 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

The boy is new to this environment and has clearly seen a massive backlash to what he put out.. its only natural that he puts that straight. He will learn. Personally I would either ban our players from social media, or have someone coaching them in it. It has to be someone who understands the CLub, City and how some things are better just left. 

I completely get he's new, however, after him experiencing a game in which we got no respect from the officials, from the opposition and certainly not from the stands, then it's better to just keep the head down and learn in silence. There's still too many in the club that want to build bridges and give respect where we'd never in a million years get it back. I get wanting to be the bigger person but we'll get absolutely nothing out of it, especially when we keep getting beat 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

You are tallking from a perspective of knowing what the city, Club, fans are all about.. He ISNT. It will take him time. Im speaking as someone who once moved to Glasgow.. its a very complicated place and most of the World dont understand it.

Yeah of course. It really is mental if you're looking from the outside 😅

26 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

It is. I dont know if our Club do any training in this, but they really should.

They really should. You'd think at youth level they will be getting it as part of their education. You do for any company you work for. SO when players come here you'd like to think they'd maybe just get a small chat about how to present themselves on social media and what to expect. It's sadly nothing new

43 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Fuck sake, you want him to say they’re not a real team and absolutely shite? :lol:
He’s calling out a website saying he said something he didn’t. 

He should have been coached from the moment he came in about how it works up here.. and Im not even just talking about fans of other clubs. As this proves, our own are more than happy to get on his back because of a tweet that says fuck all, really.

4 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

So far Cantwell has been ok/decent but I’m hoping that he shows more threat going forward and improves. 

Totally agree. Think he's been overhyped going by what he's produced so far. Can see he has quality but with the ability he has we need him to be scoring more goals and having more shots than he does. 

Thought he played okay for the first 20 at the weekend then he was poor 

He added energy when he came on in the semi final but I’ve felt his impact on the ball was piss poor in both games he’s played 

He’s up against Greg Taylor, on the weak side of their team and he’s non existent. It’s not exactly encouraging 

19 hours ago, RossS1873 said:

And there again is a serious issue within the whole club. Respect towards a club, players and fans who wouldn't even acknowledge our existence. Total embarrassment.

There’s not one person on their board, staff, squad or working at the pie stands in parkhead who respects us 

I wish we could show the same level of contempt 

18 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Fuck sake, you want him to say they’re not a real team and absolutely shite? :lol:
He’s calling out a website saying he said something he didn’t. 

He did say it. It was an accurate summary of the game, but if he's going to backtrack when his comments are inevitably picked up by the media then he's best to have avoided making them in first place. Imagine it's lesson learned for him.

3 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Sakala did and people cried about that. :lol:

It’s a bit different, Sakala talking total shite in the media in the build up to that game wasn’t helpful. 

Especially when we go on the pitch, show them loads of respect and lie down as always 

I don’t want sound bites, I want to see on the pitch that we have complete contempt for them. 

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

It’s a bit different, Sakala talking total shite in the media in the build up to that game wasn’t helpful. 

Especially when we go on the pitch, show them loads of respect and lie down as always 

I don’t want sound bites, I want to see on the pitch that we have complete contempt for them. 

Cantwell got stuck in all game.

Think he’s been tidy enough so far. You can kind of see why he didn’t make the next step up though down south.   For someone who has played a lot on the wing or slightly more attacking mid. The goals return isn’t there. The attacking threat and goal return of Raskin, cantwell and Jack as a midfield 3 next year is a bit of a worry.

Raskin a bit different role and he offers a lot defensively. Jack moves the ball too slowly. Cantwell if he’s going to nail down a place needs to be doing more of the Arfield type end product

The way I see it is that we scored 3 good goals against our biggest rivals who happen to have the best defensive record in the league away from home. All this complaining about our attacking players is misplaced as it was a cheating ref and a couple of defensive mistakes that cost us not the ability to put the ball in the net.

2 hours ago, Darth Bear said:

The way I see it is that we scored 3 good goals against our biggest rivals who happen to have the best defensive record in the league away from home. All this complaining about our attacking players is misplaced as it was a cheating ref and a couple of defensive mistakes that cost us not the ability to put the ball in the net.

Can't agree.

We're a bit too over-reliant on set pieces and crosses against them rather than creating clear chances from open play.

The only one I really remember is where we worked the ball quite well and moved them about, leading to Tillman having a clear shot at goal that he screwed wide.

It's early days with Cantwell but I think based on what we've seen so far he has a big job on his hands if his goal is to make it back to the EPL as a starting player. After a few trophy laden years with us of course.

Lawrence the better player if he can get back to what he was pre-injury.

9 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Can't agree.

We're a bit too over-reliant on set pieces and crosses against them rather than creating clear chances from open play.

The only one I really remember is where we worked the ball quite well and moved them about, leading to Tillman having a clear shot at goal that he screwed wide.

A bit too over-reliant on set pieces and crosses is a very polite understatement mate, our play is archaic at times, long diagonals, crosses, play for fouls/corners,

I get that's where we were getting joy against them and sometimes you just need to acclimatise to a certain environment when the time calls for it but I'm looking for us to do a lot more in possession in terms of hurting them.

Our game was all about containing and stopping them, when we had the ball we created very little outwith set pieces, that needs to improve quickly, I doubt it will before the summer so I'll not be overly critical if we do the same thing at Hampden but moving forward we need to show our desire and determination to dominate a game against them again.

9 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Can't agree.

You don't think it was the defence and a dodgy decision that cost us the game?