Tillman

King Jela

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

This.

£5m for a player that turns it on against the dross but can’t step up to the intensity of games like today.

If we had CL money for the past few years I’d go for it but unless we can get a lot of money for the deadwood at the club we won’t have a huge amount to spend and that’s a lot on one player.

As I said previously we've already spent £5m on a left back - rather take the chance on Tillman

8 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

This.

£5m for a player that turns it on against the dross but can’t step up to the intensity of games like today.

If we had CL money for the past few years I’d go for it but unless we can get a lot of money for the deadwood at the club we won’t have a huge amount to spend and that’s a lot on one player.

We need players that turn in on against the dross. Thats what wins leagues.

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Needs to improve against them but we won't be able to improve on his output against the rest of the league.

I think this is the thing folk are missing. We've lost the league in no small part because of points we've dropped outside of playing them for seasons now. We've needed someone who can deal with our bread and butter consistently and Tillman does that. For £5m but he needs to stand up and be counted against them starting at the semi final. If we pay that and he doesn't produce then folk will turn on him quickly. 

Just now, gmcf said:

A lot of it is down to how big a budget we'll have . I like him , but we need quite a big overhaul and we won't get that if we spend most of it on one player . 

We'll need to spend money to replace him if we don't. I don't see us getting a double figures goals, with the potential to improve massively for much less than 5m.

The boy has ability but I don't think he's worth the 5 million fee. Beale wants him though and will obviously try and sign him. As someone mentioned earlier I'd be surprised if he actually wanted to hang about in the Scottish league.

3 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

We'll need to spend money to replace him if we don't. I don't see us getting a double figures goals, with the potential to improve massively for much less than 5m.

Yeah , I'd agree . Like I say , I hope we do sign him , just got to hope we've enough in the bank to make the changes we need elsewhere in the team .

Think he's a good player with potential but for me, the question is whether that 5-6M is better spent on 1 or even a couple of other fresh players. 

The team needs refreshed badly, too many have been here for far too long and that 5 or 6M could go a long way to remedying that imo.

If our squad was stronger then I think over the course of the season Tillman has contributed enough to warrant spending that on him. In todays market and dealing with a club like BM, it’s the £££ you need to spend to take one of their players.

The problem is the squad needs a lot of work, we don’t have a lot of money in the club so spending that on one player who hasn’t done any damage to them is just wasted money - which we are very good at (wasting). 

31 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

We need players that turn in on against the dross. Thats what wins leagues.

Need players that show up against all the teams including the scum, cant have players that only play well against certain teams

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Might take dogs abuse for this but absolutely fuck splashing £5 million on him. 

Wrong attitude, wanting a week on the ball, standing about waiting on it coming to him, wanting too many touches and useless when he did have it. Genuinely should've been hooked at half time. 

Showed nothing against our biggest competitors for trophies or in Europe. 

No abuse from me. You are spot on.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Might take dogs abuse for this but absolutely fuck splashing £5 million on him. 

Wrong attitude, wanting a week on the ball, standing about waiting on it coming to him, wanting too many touches and useless when he did have it. Genuinely should've been hooked at half time. 

Showed nothing against our biggest competitors for trophies or in Europe. 

Passenger. If he misread the first pass and learned then fair enough but waiting for every pass just showed him up. Five a side player who'll do it against shite but not in a battle.

Thought he was ok today, certainly better than Kent, Cantwell or Morelos which isn’t saying much tbf. Think he will get better as well. But again why aren’t coaches drilling it into him that he cant dwell on ball  in an old firm game. Move the ball quickly and  don’t stand and wait on it.  Simple stuff. The boy could be a star for us as he has all the attributes and he’s still only20 but still things he can work on. 

There's no argument that he is a very good player. But he has very limited experience at this level and needs to learn very quickly. He comes across as a very laid back character and this probably makes it look like he is a non trier at times. I am on the fence with signing him or not. Thought today was his best showing in this fixture and his performance was on a par with the likes of Cantwell.

9 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Is this maybe because  7or8 players he is working along side aren't good enough to help him stamp his autority on the game

It’s undoubtedly true that playing beside better players improves other players. But at this club any £5m signings have to be ones that stand out and bring on the other players, rather than the other way about.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

He's getting way more criticism in here than he deserves. He's barely in the door and is only 20 yrs old.

£5m is actually not a lot of money for a player of his calibre.

I’d still pay it. As you say, 20 yrs old and if you are building a new team you would have him in it. He is only going to learn and improve. Plus, build a team round him Raskin & Cantwell and we’ll be on to something.

30 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

If our squad was stronger then I think over the course of the season Tillman has contributed enough to warrant spending that on him. In todays market and dealing with a club like BM, it’s the £££ you need to spend to take one of their players.

The problem is the squad needs a lot of work, we don’t have a lot of money in the club so spending that on one player who hasn’t done any damage to them is just wasted money - which we are very good at (wasting). 

Absolutely spot on. Tillman has talent absolutely no doubt but we don’t have the cash to be laying out so much on a player who’s pretty much a project. So many issues all over the pitch needing sorted and we can’t lay out so much on someone who’s yet to turn up consistently 

11 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Absolutely spot on. Tillman has talent absolutely no doubt but we don’t have the cash to be laying out so much on a player who’s pretty much a project. So many issues all over the pitch needing sorted and we can’t lay out so much on someone who’s yet to turn up consistently 

We are not going to improve the team by filling it with £2M players.

You'll get the odd bargain like Raskin and Cantwell but generally speaking you'll get a Matondo for that sort of money.

Is this not his first season playing senior football? He will get better and make us more money than he costs if he decides to sign.